Theme Explorer

Page 1 of 1 9 Records Found
1

Bowling Greens, Bucknall Park

Bucknall Park lies between Heath House Lane and the River Trent, just north of Finney Gardens. The park dates back to 1956 when nearly 17 acres of land was laid out with sports facilities, a pavilion ...

Daintry Street, Oakhill, Stoke-upon-Trent

A view north east along Daintry Street, in Oakhill, from Trent Valley Road. To the left is Oakhill Bowling Club. The terraced houses to the right date were built between 1900 and 1924 on land attached ...

Michelin Tyre Company, Sideway Road, Boothen, Stoke-on-Trent

A view south towards the main office block of the Michelin Tyre Company. This part of the factory was built in the late 1920s. On the left is the prominent water tower, the first all-reinforced concrete ...

Michelin Tyre Company, Sidway Road, Boothen, Stoke-on-Trent

Looking north east along Sideway Road in Boothen from the junction with Campbell Road. On the left is one of the early parts of the Michelin Tyre Company's works offices, built in the late 1920s. This ...

Middleport Park bowling green, Stoke-on-Trent

Midleport Park dates from around 1908 when the park was laid out in the grounds of the former rectory of St John's Church. It lies alongside the Trent & Mersey Canal, between the potworks in Middleport ...

Millrise Road, Milton, Stoke-on-Trent

A view east along Millrise Road past Milton Recreation and Bowling Club (on the right). Millrise Road is in the "up end" of the village and was called Market Street until the 1950s. Most of the houses ...

Milton Recreation and Bowling Club, Stoke-on-Trent

The crown bowling green at Milton Recreation and Bowling Club on Millrise Road. The building to the left is as it was, but the bungalow, garage and conservatory like buildings have been replaced.

The pavilion and bowling green at West End recreation ground, Penkhull

West End recreation ground was at the end of Bakewell Street (formerly Turner Street). Administered by Stoke on Trent City Parks Department it had tennis courts, a bowling green, pavilions and a children's ...

West End recreation Ground, Penkhull

West End recreation grounds was at the end of Bakewell Street (formerly Turner Street) in Penkhull. It was administered by the city Parks Department and had tennis courts, a bowling green, children's ...

1