Theme Explorer

Page 1 of 1 12 Records Found
1

Bedford Pottery Works, Shelton

The building in the photograph was once part of the Bedford Works of Ridgeway Potteries and this frontage is all that remains of the once extensive works. At its height the works ran down Bedford Street ...

Bowls

Grete Marks 1899 - 1990. 1984.P.726 1937-1940 Over glaze painted earthenware Bowls. 1984.P.729, 730. 1937-1940. Glazed earthenware H : 88 mm. Earthenware bowls. Decorated with contrasting semi-matt ...

Church Bank Pottery, Bank Street, Tunstall

The imposing chimney of Church the Bank pottery. The original Church Bank works was built by Robert Beswick in 1842 and passed through several hands before becoming Thomas Booth took over in 1868, manufacturing ...

Jug

'Ravenna' pattern jug by Ridgway Potteries Ltd., Stoke-on-Trent.

Plate

'Homemaker' pattern plate, Ridgway Potteries Ltd., Stoke-on-Trent. Pattern designed by Eric Ridgway on body designed by Tom Arnold.

Plate, cup and saucer

'Conference' trio by Ridgway Potteries Ltd., Stoke-on-Trent. The 'Conference' pattern by Pat Albeck won the Council of Industrial Design, Design of the Year Award in 1957. The body, known as 'Metro' ...

Pottery factories, Longton

Balmoral Works (left) and Ridgway Potteries (right), Longton. Photograph taken during construction of new buildings, 1960s. The Balmoral Works were occupied by porcelain manufacturers Redfern & Drakeford ...

Ridgway Potteries and Balmoral Works, Longton

Photograph taken from near the railway line. The Balmoral Works were occupied by porcelain manufacturers Redfern & Drakeford between about 1902 and 1933.

Ridgway Potteries Ltd, Waterloo Road, Cobridge

This is the Globe Pottery operated by Ridgway Potteries Ltd, part of the Lawley group of companies. It was on the west side of Waterloo Road, just north of the Cobridge Road and Waterloo Road junction. ...

Ridgway Potteries, Longton

Ridgway Potteries with its array of bottle ovens, was on Spring Bank Road, next door to Longton Municipal Cemetery. The works was originally the Daisy Bank Works opened in 1853 and operated by Adderleys, ...

Ridgway's Pottery, High Street, Tunstall

Ridgways was one of the largest combines, formed in 1955, with eight factories in North Staffordshire. The Ridgway's pottery on High Street in Tunstall was previously Booth's Church Bank Pottery, built ...

Side plates

Grete Marks 1899 - 1990. Plate. 1984.P.738 1936. Over glaze printed & painted earthenware D : 167 mm (6 ½ "). Earthenware tea plate. Decorated with semi-matt glaze with over glaze printed stylised ...

1