Theme Explorer

Page 1 of 56 1004 Records Found

A G Richardson's Britannia Pottery, Cobridge

A G Richardson's Britannia Pottery stood at the junction of North Road and Leek New Road in Cobridge. Behind the works is the spoil tip of Sneyd Colliery (now Sneyd Hill Park). The office building still ...

A J Wilkinson's Pottery, Irwell Street, Middleport

The front entrance to A J Wilkinson's Pottery in Irwell Street (formerly West Street). West Street was at the bottom of Prospect Street, close to the Trent & Mersey Canal, off Newport Lane. West Street, ...

Acme Marls works, Burslem

Acme Marls occupied a site on the corner of Bournes Bank and Enoch Street (now Woodbank Street) in Burslem. The company made kiln furniture (refractory supports on which pottery is stacked during firing ...

Adams pottery factory, Furlong Road, Tunstall

The photograph shows the Greengates Pottery Works of William Adams & Sons in Furlong Road. The works was at the eastern end close Tunstall High Street (just to the right). William Adams opened a factory, ...

Adderley Works, Lightwood Road, Longton

These premises were near to the bus station. William A. Adderley operated the Daisy Bank Pottery in Longton, Stoke-on-Trent producing China and Earthenware. After 1905 they traded as Adderleys Ltd. ...

Adelaide Street, Burslem

Adelaide Street links Waterloo Road and Nile Street in Burslem. The Adelaide Street Pottery was operated by Robert Sudlow & Sons from the 1880s, although there had been a potworks on the site since at ...

Aitken Street, Dalehall, Middleport

Aitken Street is a short street off Ellgreave Street in the Dalehall area of Middleport. There are two ceramics related factories in the photograph: Repton Tiles and Ellgreave Pottery (on the right). Repton ...

Albert Street Pottery, Hobson Street, Burslem.

The camera is looking northwards along Hobson Street in Burslem. The works on the right (Albert Potteries) is now part of the Dudson Group, manufacturing Armorlite tableware. Hobson Street was originally ...

Alexandra Mill, Wardle Street, Tunstall

The Alexandra Mill was a flint and stone mill linked to Johnson Brothers (Hanley) Alexandra Pottery. This is the entrance at the bottom of Wardle Street formerly Meadow Street. Behind the mill were sidings ...

Alfred Meakin's Royal Albert Pottery, Tunstall

Meakin's Royal Albert Pottery was on Tunstall High Street occupying the land between Bank Street and Parsonage Street. The photograph is looking south along High Street. Meakin's took over an existing ...

Anchor Pottery, Goddard Street, Longton

Sampson Bridgwood and Son, established in 1805, took over the Anchor Pottery in 1853. The company still exists today.

Anderton Canal Carriers Wharf, Middleport, Stoke-on-Trent

This photograph shows two important sites on the Trent & Mersey Canal in Middleport. In the centre is the Anderton Canal Company's warehouse and boat repair yard and beyond Burgess & Leigh's Middleport ...

Antelope

John Skeaping 1901 - 1980. Figure. 1987.P.901 c. 1927-1939 Glazed earthenware. H : 127 mm, L : 163 mm. Earthenware figure depicting a drinking antelope seated with its legs tucked under, facing ...

Arthur Wood & Price's Royal Bradwell Pottery, Longport, Stoke-on-Trent

This photograph was taken at the start of Davenport Street (A5271) just after the Trubshawe Cross roundabout. The Royal Bradwell Ware building belonged to Arthur Wood & Sons, earthenware manufacturers ...

Arthur Wood's canalside factory, Longport, Stoke-on-Trent

This is a view south along the canal. Westport Lake is off to the right, on the left is the rear of Wood's pottery. the buildings have all been cleared and the are now used for light industry and food ...

Ash tray

1979.P.6. 1970-1979. Glazed and gilded earthenware. L : 4 ¾". Decorated with all over speckled glaze with gilded details. Made by Carlton Ware, Stoke-upon-Trent.

Ash tray

Ash tray by Susie Cooper.

Ash Tray

Glazed Stoneware. H. 3.8 x W.7.9 cm. Small stoneware ash tray, thrown and turned by Katharine Pleydell-Bouverie at Cole Pottery. Green thorn ash glaze on the interior, the exterior is unglazed with ...