Theme Explorer

Page 1 of 2 19 Records Found
12

A view north from Hartshill Park, Stoke-on-Trent

This photograph was taken from the top of Vicarage Road, at the entrance to Hartshill Park and Nature Reserve. The camera is looking northwards. Inn the foreground is the Diamond Clay Works, manufacturing ...

Brookfield Foundry and Kerr Stuart engineering works, Whieldon Road, Stoke-on-Trent

This is a view west from the Whieldon Road area towards the Brookfield Foundry. The main railway line runs in front of the buildings and behind can be seen the floodlight pylons of the original Stoke ...

Brookfield Foundry, Stoke-on-Trent

The photograph shows what was the California Engineering Works of the locomotive builders, Kerr Stuart & Co. Railway locomotives had been produced on this site since 1892. Kerr Stuart closed down in ...

C. E. Edwards Ltd., Leek New Road, Cobridge

This factory is a two storey, rectangular unit, three rooms wide by 4 rooms deep. The ground floor has three casement windows with large plain stone sills and the doorway has a large plain stone lintel ...

Chamberlain Avenue from Hunter's Way, Penkhull

This is the view south eastwards down Chamberlain Avenue from the corner of Hunter's Way. At the bottom of the step bank is London Road in Stoke and Boothen beyond. In the floor of the valley are the ...

Cliff Vale Engineering works, Shelton New Road, Stoke-on-Trent

Cliff Vale Engineering was on Shelton New Road. Behind the works is a cooling tower and gas holder belonging to Etruria gasworks. The site today is occupied by a timber merchant.

Cowlishaw & Walker Mining Engineering Company, Brown Lees Road, Stoke-on-Trent

The photograph shows the rear of the Cowlishaw & Walker Mining Engineering company's works in Brown Lees Road. Previously the works were part of Robert Heath & Low Moor Bidulph Iron & Steel Co. The site ...

Detached house, Duke Street, Fenton

The detached house is number 55 towards the north end of Duke Street in Fenton. It dates from circa 1800 (Victoria County History, vol VIII, p 209) and was one of a pair. At the time of the photograph ...

Dust Extraction Equipment. Photographed by William Blake.

Exhibition stand showing dust extraction equipment made by W.E. Browning & Co., Leytonstone.

F W Langley's works, Clough Street, Hanley

F W Langley were an electrical and mechanical engineering company with their main works on the north side of Clough Street. The neighbouring works building belongs to Gough & Co, engineers. Langley's ...

Goodwin's Engineering works and Foundry, Ivy House Road, Hanley

This photograph was taken from the corner of Leek Road looking north up Ivy House Road. The Goodwin Foundry is the large works on the right. The company has been on this site since being founded in 1883, ...

Gough & Co, Clough Street, Hanley

Gough & Co were "Buildings and Works Plant" manufacturers with premises on Clough Street. C lough Street ran from Marsh street west to Etruria Road. The eastern end has been cut through by The Potteries ...

Granflex Co Ltd works, Brick Kiln Lane, Stoke-on-Trent

A view north up the Fowlea Brook valley from Brick Kiln Lane area. In the foreground is the Granflex Roofing Co site. The company has been in Brick Kiln Lane since its foundation in 1949. In the far distance ...

Mazda Lamps factory and Mother's Pride Bakery, Newcastle Road, Stoke-on-Trent

The industrial site on the far side of Newcastle Road (A34) had two factories. Farthest away from the camera is the Mother's Pride Bakery. This was part of Premier Foods group. Between the 1960s and ...

Michelin Tyre Co., Oakhill, Stoke-on-Trent

A view north east from Kensington Road, Oakhill, towards the Michelin Tyre Co factory. The first Michelin factory was opened in 1927. To the right is a cooling tower for the factory's power station. This ...

Primitive Methodist Chapel, Peel Street. Longbridge Hayes.

The Primitive Methodist Chapel at the north end of Peel Street was built in 1879 and closed in 1963. It later became the works for Denton Engineering Ltd. The building was later demolished and the site ...

Racecourse Road, Oakhill, Stoke-on-Trent

Racecourse Road is a short road off London Road. At the time of the photograph it lead to the Oakhill Gate entrance to the Michelin Tyre Company factory. Before the Michelin factory was built in 1927 ...

Robert Hyde & Co, City Road, Stoke upon Trent

The sign over the entrance yard reads "Robert Hyde & Son Ltd. North Stafford Steel Foundry", a company founded in 1910. The City Road foundry was originally the North Staffordshire Railway Locomotive, ...

12