Theme Explorer

Page 1 of 1 7 Records Found
1

Boote's Ceramic Tiles Ltd, High Street, Tunstall

T & R Boote's ceramic tile works was on High Street to the north of Tunstall town centre. In the distance is the bell tower and spire of Christ Church. The spire has since been removed. The company ...

Jeffrey's Garage in Brakespeare Street, Goldenhill, Stoke-on-Trent

The photograph shows W Jeffrey & Sons bus and coach garage in Brakespeare Street (to the left) in Goldenhill. This is the rear entrance to the garage which fronted onto Charlotte Street. The garage has ...

Newcastle Lane, Penkhull

The camera is looking west along Newcastle Lane down towards the A34.The photograph was taken from the roundabout at the junction of Hilton road and Harpfield Road. Behind the camera, Newcastle Lane continues ...

PMT depot, Scotia Road, Burslem

The Potteries Motor Traction company's Burslem depot was on Scotia Road. Originally it was Brown's Motor Co garage and was taken over by PMT in 1951. Enlarged in 1961, it took over from Goldenhill as ...

PMT Garage in Clough Street, Hanley

The Potteries Motor Traction Company ran buses in the Potteries from 1933, taking over from its predecessor the Potteries Electric Traction Co who had started the earliest trams in the area. The Hanley ...

Potteries Motor Traction Company (PMT) depot, Clough Street, Hanley

The PMT depot was towards the eastern end of Clough Street, Hanley. The main garage building has been replaced but the entrance and frontage survives, minus the clock tower. The depot in Clough street ...

Russell Street, Dresden. Photographed by William Blake.

Street scene taken at Russell Street, Dresden, Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire. The street was named after John Russell(1792-1878), who became British Prime Minister twice in the mid-1800s. This ...

1