Theme Explorer

Page 1 of 22 380 Records Found

Adams Street, Milton, Stoke-on-Trent

This is a view north along Adams Street from Newleigh Street (once New Street) in Milton. Millrise Road is at the top, with the line of trees. The large building (right) at the corner of Adams Street ...

All Saints Church, Dilhorne

Photograph taken from outside the Colliers Arms pub, at the junction of Caverswall Road and Forsbrook Road. The Church of All Saints has one of the few octagonal towers in the country. The lower part ...

Alstonefield Church. Photographed by William Blake.

Church interior taken at Alstonefield Church, Staffordshire.

Arches in Stoke-on-Trent Churchyard

This view of St. Peter's Church, Stoke-on-Trent is from Church Street. The arches in the foreground are the ruins of a Saxon and a later twelfth century church. The remains of the medieval church were ...

Ashford-in-the-Water, Derbyshire. Photographed by William Blake.

Village scene taken at Ashford In The Waters, Derbyshire. The scene includes a sign post showing distances to Buxton, Manchester, Monyash, Flagg, Taddington and Sheldon. The village falls within ...

Bank Street, Tunstall

Bert Bentley, the photographer, described this as a typical Potteries scene with "a pottery works, kilns, chapel, colliery dirt tip and terraced houses". On the left is the United Methodist Chapel ...

Bank Street, Tunstall

Looking north east along Bank Street from close to the corner with Hawes Street (formerly Upper Mount Street). In the far distance is the waste tip of Whitfield Colliery. Towards the bottom of the street, ...

Barker Street , Longton

Photograph taken looking towards the north-west. St. James's Church is visible. St. James the Less Church on Uttoxeter Road, Longton. A Commissioners' Church built in 1832-34 to designs by T. Johnson ...

Barlow Street, Longton

Photograph taken from Sutherland Road, with St. James's church in the background.

Belgrave Road Congregational Chapel, Dresden

A new chapel was erected in Belgrave Road in 1885, replaced by the building in this photograph in 1906. The membership was 25 in 1957 and the chapel then seated 450. It has since been demolished.

Belgrave Road, Normacot

Photograph taken looking east along Belgrave Road towards the Church of Holy Evangelist, from a point close to the junction with Argyle Road. The Church of Holy Evangelists was built in 1847. It was ...

Bemersley Farm, Brindley Ford

This is a view east from Hugh Bourne's old Primitive Methodist Chapel in Brindley Ford. The chapel has been demolished. At the top of the path is Bemersley Farm, where Hugh Bourne lived for a time. The ...

Benson Street, Pitts Hill, Tunstall

Looking east along Benson Street (formerly New Street) in Pitts Hill. The photograph was taken from the corner of St Michaels Road (formerly High Street). On the right is the former Tunstall Primitive ...

Bethesda Chapel, Hanley

This is an interior photograph of Bethesda Chapel taken in April 1949. The people standing on the balcony, in the top right corner of the photograph, are the choir. Built in 1819, Bethesda Chapel is an ...

Bethesda New Connexion Chapel, Albion Street, Hanley

This building dates from 1819 and the frontage from 1859. The land upon which Bethesda stands was first purchased in 1791, as a direct response to the emergence of the New Connexion and the need to make ...

Bethesda New Connexion Methodist Chapel, Albion Street, Hanley

Bethesda Chapel is an example of a large 19th-century town chapel. The building, which dates largely from 1819, was constructed by newly emerging the Methodist New Connexion on the site of an earlier ...

Blurton Church. Photographed by William Blake.

Church exterior taken at St. Bartholomew's Church, Church Road, Blurton, Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire.

Blurton Church. Photographed by William Blake.

View of St. Bartholomew's Church, Church Road, Blurton, Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire.