Theme Explorer

Page 1 of 39 700 Records Found

263 Hartshill Road, Hartshill, Stoke-on-Trent

This plan is of 263 Hartshill Road. The building is one of the Minton cottages, built in 1857 by the Minton pottery factory for its employees. The houses still stand today overlooking Hartshill Park. Diagrams ...

A Bit Thick for Father Christmas In the Potteries. Photographed by William Blake.

Industrial landscape with the caption "A Bit Thick for Father Christmas In the Potteries". Taken at Longton, Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire. Despite an obvious pride in many of the aspects of the pottery ...

A G Richardson's Britannia Pottery, Cobridge

A G Richardson's Britannia Pottery stood at the junction of North Road and Leek New Road in Cobridge. Behind the works is the spoil tip of Sneyd Colliery (now Sneyd Hill Park). The office building still ...

A J Wilkinson's Pottery, Irwell Street, Middleport

The front entrance to A J Wilkinson's Pottery in Irwell Street (formerly West Street). West Street was at the bottom of Prospect Street, close to the Trent & Mersey Canal, off Newport Lane. West Street, ...

A view from Hartshill Park, Stoke-on-Trent

The camera is looking north east from the end of Vicarage Road at the entrance to Hartshill Park and Nature Reserve. The middle of the photograph is dominated by the gas holders and buildings of Etruria ...

A view north from Hartshill Park, Stoke-on-Trent

This photograph was taken from the top of Vicarage Road, at the entrance to Hartshill Park and Nature Reserve. The camera is looking northwards. Inn the foreground is the Diamond Clay Works, manufacturing ...

Acme Marls works, Burslem

Acme Marls occupied a site on the corner of Bournes Bank and Enoch Street (now Woodbank Street) in Burslem. The company made kiln furniture (refractory supports on which pottery is stacked during firing ...

Adams pottery factory, Furlong Road, Tunstall

The photograph shows the Greengates Pottery Works of William Adams & Sons in Furlong Road. The works was at the eastern end close Tunstall High Street (just to the right). William Adams opened a factory, ...

Adderley Works, Lightwood Road, Longton

These premises were near to the bus station. William A. Adderley operated the Daisy Bank Pottery in Longton, Stoke-on-Trent producing China and Earthenware. After 1905 they traded as Adderleys Ltd. ...

Adelaide Street, Burslem

Adelaide Street links Waterloo Road and Nile Street in Burslem. The Adelaide Street Pottery was operated by Robert Sudlow & Sons from the 1880s, although there had been a potworks on the site since at ...

Aerial view of Longton, Stoke-on-Trent.

Aerial view of Longton, Stoke-on-Trent. Taken in the 1960s, this view shows many pottery factories, bottle ovens and warehouses. The street running left to right in the middle ground is The Strand. Taken ...

Aerographing Ware. Photographed by William Blake.

Lantern slide of a pottery worker aerographing a bowl. This lantern slide appears to be one of a group used for a presentation or slide show by Blake entitled “Staffordshire Pottery.” A small folder ...

Aerographing Ware. Photographed by William Blake.

Lantern slide of a pottery worker aerographing a bowl. This lantern slide appears to be one of a group used for a presentation or slide show by Blake entitled “Staffordshire Pottery.” A small folder ...

Aerographing.

Pottery factory interior with a view of women aerographing. They are using pneumatic airbrushes. Possibly taken at the Gladstone China, Uttoxeter Road, Stoke-on-Trent. Aerography was the mechanical ...

Aitken Street, Dalehall, Middleport

Aitken Street is a short street off Ellgreave Street in the Dalehall area of Middleport. There are two ceramics related factories in the photograph: Repton Tiles and Ellgreave Pottery (on the right). Repton ...

Albert Street Pottery, Hobson Street, Burslem.

The camera is looking northwards along Hobson Street in Burslem. The works on the right (Albert Potteries) is now part of the Dudson Group, manufacturing Armorlite tableware. Hobson Street was originally ...

Albion Street and Normacot Road, Longton

Albion Street was renamed Morpeth Street in the 1950s.

Alfred Meakins pottery factory, Hollywall Lane, Goldenhill, Stoke-on-Trent

Alfred Meakins opened their factory off Hollywall Lane in 1957. The site was originally part of the Williamson estate which was sold off in the 1950s of which Meakins purchased 150 acres. Robert Williamson ...