Theme Explorer

Page 1 of 2 20 Records Found
12

2 Brook Street, Stoke

This plan is of 2 Brook Street in Stoke. It was designed by Henrey Ward and constructed in 1838. It is now Grade II listed. Diagrams (clockwise from top left): - Front of building - First floor plan - ...

48 Broad Street, Hanley

In the 1960s, number 48 Broad Street was occupied by Gestetner, a company that manufactured duplication and reproducing machines in the days before photocopiers. Gestetnering involved making a stencil ...

Alton Castle

View of Alton Castle in 1910. This image appeared in the North Staffordshire Railway's pocket book of places of interest along its routes. The image is featured by kind permission of the Churnet ...

Alton Castle

View of Alton Castle taken in 1910. This image appeared in the North Staffordshire Railway's pocket book of places of interest along its routes. This image is featured by kind permission of the ...

Brook Street, Stoke upon Trent

No. 1, Brook Street, the Tudor Gothic style building on the corner of Brook Street and Glebe Street was built in 1867. It was originally a house and later became a National Provincial Bank branch. Today ...

Church of the Holy Trinity, Hartshill Road, Hartshill

This plan is of the Church of the Holy Trinity in Hartshill Road, Stoke. It was dedicated in 1842 and is another example of gothic architecture (like St.Peter's Church in Stoke). The building is now Grade ...

Holy Trinity Church, Hartshill, Stoke-on-Trent

The south side and east end of Holy Trinity Church in Hartshill as seen from Vicarage Road. This church dates from 1842, designed by Gilbert Scott and financed by the potter Herbert Minton. Attached was ...

Hot Lane Methodist Chapel, Hot Lane, Burslem

Believed to have been built pre 1869 as a stone plaque, built into the gable, reads :"Primitive Methodist Chapel Enlarged 1869". The two storey building is rendered with a buttress at either side. It ...

Hot Lane Methodist chapel, Hot Lane, Burslem

This building is believed to have been erected pre 1869 as a stone plaque, built into the gable, reads :"Primitive Methodist Chapel Enlarged 1869". The two storey building is rendered with a buttress ...

No.1 Campbell Place, Stoke upon Trent

No.1 Campbell Place was The District Bank building on the corner of Hill Street and Campbell Place. The shops on Church Street can be seen to the right.In 1970 the District Bank was absorbed into the ...

Pynest Street, Shelton

Looking east along Pynest Street towards Howard Place and Stoke Road. The terraced houses date from the second half of the 19th Century. These houses have gothic style doors and windows with Minton tiles ...

St John's Square, Burslem

This is a view of the west side of St John's Square in Burslem taken from the corner of Wm Clowes Street. Newcastle Street and Market Place are off to the right hand edge. The square has along history, ...

St Mathew's Church, Fenton

St Mathew's Church was in the wedge of land between Park Street (now Fenpark Street) and King Street (originally Market Street) in Fenton. This is a view of the north side from Park Street. St Mathew's ...

St Paul's Church, Burslem

The photograph shows the west face of St Paul's Church from Ellgreave Street. The church stood in Church Square, on the border of Burslem, Dalehall and Longport. Opened in 1830, it was a large stone Gothic ...

St Paul's Church, Dalehall, Burslem

The east end of St Paul's Church from near the bottom of Hall Street showing the extensive 3 acre churchyard. Ellgreave Street is hidden behind the church, to the left are Sant Street and Globe Street. ...

St Peter ad Vincula Church, Glebe Street, Stoke

This plan shows St.Peter ad Vincula church which is on of Stoke's main landmarks. It was built between 1826 and 1830 and is a fine example of gothic architecture. The building, as well as some of the ...

St Peter's Church, Stoke upon Trent

A view of the west end and tower of St Peter Ad Vincula (St Peter in Chains) from Glebe Street. The Gothic style church was built in the late 1820s and renovated in the 1880s. To the left of the photograph ...

St. Peter Advincula Church, Glebe Street, Stoke

This church was constructed between 1826 and 1832. It is a Gothic Church built of sandstone with a slate roof, rectangular in plan with a bell tower. All decorative stonework on the windows, doors, pinnacles ...

12