Theme Explorer

Start Again > Business, Trade & Industry > Garages & Petrol Stations
Page 1 of 1 16 Records Found
1

Boughey Road, Stoke-on-Trent

A very quiet scene, a lot different to today. Boughey Road heads off towards Hanley Park and Park Avenue in the distance. Notice the Michelin Man sign on the garage wall. At this time the Michelin factory ...

Clayton Lane from Newcastle Road, Stoke-on-Trent

Looking southwards along Clayton Lane from close to the junmction with the A34 (Newcastle Road). On the left are bakery buildings, at the time of the photograph, Birkett & Roberts Trent Vale Bakery, producing ...

Greenhead Street from Scotia Road, Burslem

Looking south west down Greenhead Street from the BycarsRoad/Scotia Road crossroads. Scotia Road runs from right to left, Bycars Road is behind the camera. On the extreme left hand side was the site of ...

Handley Street, Packmoor, Stoke-on-Trent

A cottage at Lane Ends, Packmoor. At the northern end of Handley Street, the cottage was at one time attached to a petrol pump for a farmer's vehicles (Note the 'Not For Resale' sign on the top of the ...

Hot Lane and Sneyd Colliery tip, Burslem

A view north east from the top of Hot Lane with the spoil tip belonging to Sneyd Colliery and Brickworks on the right. Crossing the road is the cable of the aerial ropeway which connected the colliery ...

Jeffrey's Garage in Brakespeare Street, Goldenhill, Stoke-on-Trent

The photograph shows W Jeffrey & Sons bus and coach garage in Brakespeare Street (to the left) in Goldenhill. This is the rear entrance to the garage which fronted onto Charlotte Street. The garage has ...

Longton Road, Hem Heath

This photograph was taken from the bridge over the Trent & Mersey Canal, looking east towards Hem Heath. On the far side of the road is the old wheelwright's shop and smithy which had become a petrol ...

Nantwich, Cheshire. Photographed by William Blake.

Street scene taken at Nantwich, Cheshire. This view includes a mock tudor building.

PMT depot, Scotia Road, Burslem

The Potteries Motor Traction company's Burslem depot was on Scotia Road. Originally it was Brown's Motor Co garage and was taken over by PMT in 1951. Enlarged in 1961, it took over from Goldenhill as ...

PMT Garage in Clough Street, Hanley

The Potteries Motor Traction Company ran buses in the Potteries from 1933, taking over from its predecessor the Potteries Electric Traction Co who had started the earliest trams in the area. The Hanley ...

Ray & Proctor's Garage, Longton

Ray & Procter's Garage on Commerce Street, Longton.

Stockton Brook from Baddeley Green Lane, Stoke-on-Trent

Looking north along Baddeley Green Lane to the junction with Leek New Road (A53). In the distance is the higher ground of Stockton Brook (right) and Ball Edge (left). There are still garages each side ...

Trentham Garage & Service Station, Trentham Road

Near to Trentham Golf Club.

Uttoxeter Road, Longton

This photograph shows Archway Garage at 101 Uttoxeter Road.

Victoria Square and St Mark's Church, Shelton

The camera is looking southwards along Broad Street from near the top of Victoria Square. St Mark's Church, with its 120 foot tower, is the largest church in the city. It was built in the 1830s to serve ...

Wheatly & Son brickworks, Springfields, Stoke-on-Trent

Wheatly's Brick & Tile Works (Springfield Tileries) fronted onto Newcastle Road (A34). This photograph shows the rear of the works, taken from Wheatly Avenue, with marl hole in the foreground and the ...

1