Theme Explorer

Page 1 of 5 80 Records Found

A G Richardson's Britannia Pottery, Cobridge

A G Richardson's Britannia Pottery stood at the junction of North Road and Leek New Road in Cobridge. Behind the works is the spoil tip of Sneyd Colliery (now Sneyd Hill Park). The office building still ...

A view up Basford Bank, Stoke-on-Trent

The photograph was taken looking up Etruria Road from close to the junction with Basford Park Road. Sackville Street is off to the left just by the Davenport's off-licence. This road formed part of the ...

Alley off Hope Street, Hanley

This is an alley running off Hope Street in Hanley leading to the New Hall Pottery works. This alleyway is marked on the 1880 O.S. map. and the surrounding housing and works buildings are earlier. The ...

Anchor Works, Longton

The Anchor Works stood at the junction of Anchor Road, Sutherland Road and Market Street. The Anchor works mustn't be confused with the nearby "British Anchor Pottery" on Anchor Road. These works date ...

Back alley, Paddock Street, Hanley

Paddock Street ran northwards off Hope Street at Vale Place. The street no longer exists, but was sandwiched between the present day Boundary Street and Penarth Grove. At the bottom is Bryan Street. The ...

Bethesda Schoolrooms, Hanley

The photograph shows the western end of Alexander House, the former Methodist Sunday School of the neighbouring Bethesda Chapel. The gable end has a tablet in the pediment "Bethesda School, erected MDCCCXIX ...

Bew Street, Ball Green, Stoke-on-Trent

A view along Bew Street in Ball Green. The camera is looking south west from Bemersley Road in the area known as Cornhill. The buildings both side of the road remain much as they are in the photograph. ...

Boughey Street, Stokeon-Trent

Looking up Boughey Street from its junction with London Road. At the top is Liddle Street and behind, the houses on Hunters Way. Boughey Street was first laid out in the 1880s, with just then first few ...

Cadets at Stoke Train Station, Station Road, Stoke-on-Trent

This photograph shows young cadets from 237 squadron of the ATC on manoeuvres. They are carrying their kit into Stoke station on their way to training camp.

Car park near Longton Bus Station

Photograph taken from waste ground (west of Kingcross Street and Chancery Lane) looking south-west down Edensor Road.

Church Lane, Hanford

The view east along Church Lane from the bend just before St Matthias' Church (on the left). Behind the bushes on the left is the churchyard. The cluster of houses on the right remain much the same. Standing ...

Copeland & Sons Spode Works, Kingsway, Stoke-on-Trent

A view from Kingsway in Stoke towards the Spode Works of W T Copeland & Sons. The photograph is taken from in front of Kings Hall and the brick surround to the New Cenotaph is just visible in the bottom ...

Crown Staffordshire's Minerva Works, Fenton

The Minerva Works on Park Street in the Lane Delph area of Fenton had a wide range of famous occupiers. There was a potworks on this site from the 1750s. From 1806 to 1815 it was occupied by the Mason ...

Dominic Street, Hartshill, Stoke-on-Trent

Dominic Street runs east off Richmond Street in Hartshill. Until the 1950s it was known as Gordon Street. The houses at the top ends of the street date from the early 1900s, those at the bottom around ...

Drummond Street, Goldenhill, Stoke-on-Trent

Drummond Street (Victoria Street until the 1950s) was just off High Street, Goldenhill. The area has been cleared of houses and is now occupied by the Goldenhill Community Hall. There is a date tablet ...

Ellgreave Pottery, Burslem

The Ellgreave Pottery was part of Wood & Sons and manufactured earthenware, specialising in teapots and "fancies". The pottery was off Ellgreave Street in Burslem, this photograph shows the back of the ...

Entrance to Trentham Pleasure Gardens. Photographed by William Blake.

Visitors at the entrance to Trentham Pleasure Gardens, Nr. Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire. The Trentham estate was home and pleasure gardens to the Dukes of Sutherland from the seventeenth to the early ...

Fenton Parish Church

Fenton Parish Church (Christchurch) is in Albert Square. To the left of the photograph is Fenton Town Hall, latterly used as a Magistrate's Court and to the right, the War Memorial. Christchurch was ...