Theme Explorer

Page 1 of 3 52 Records Found

Albion Square from Lichfield Street, Hanley

This photograph was taken from the northern end of Lichfield Street looking across Albion Square towards Stafford Street (left) and Tontine Street (right). Albion Street is going the left edge. Pedestrianisation ...

Alistair Road, Oakhill, Stoke-on-Trent

A view west along Alistair Road from its junction with Kensington Road. The area was open land in 1900. By 1924 the terraced houses on the right had been built and the other side was filled in by 1937 ...

Ashwood, Longton

This is a view west along Ashwood towards Friar Street with Manse Street off to the left with Manse Close just visible beyond. The Victorian housing has been demolished and redeveloped. There are three ...

Back alley behind Birks Street, Boothen, Stoke-on-trent

This is a view north along the alleyway between Birks Street and Campbell Road. Nicholls Street cuts across the alley at the far end and in the distance is a floodlight pylon on Stoke City's old ground, ...

Bemersley Road, Ball Green, Stoke-on-Trent

The camera is facing north along Bemersley Road from the end of Knypersley Road. This are is known as Cornhill, a name plate is just visible below the street sign on the wall of the shop to the right. ...

Birches Head Road, Abbey Hulton

The view east along Birches Head Road from Leek Road in Abbey Hulton. The housing to the top right of the photograph is in Sneyd Green. The land to the left of the junction is now housing and Carmountside ...

Blyth Pottery, Longton

This is the rear of Blyth Pottery on Sandgate Street (previously Gate Street) in Longton. The front of the works, operated by John Tams & Sons Ltd., was on Uttoxeter Road. These works produced earthenware. ...

Campbell Road from Hanford Bridge, Stoke-on-Trent

The photograph is looking northeast along Campbell Road away from the junction with Stone Road at Hanford Bridge. Where the photographer was standing is now part of the Hanchurch roundabout and flyover. ...

Caroline Street and Upper Cross Street, Longton

A view north towards the top end of Caroline Street from the Upper Cross Street (left) and Anchor Passage area (to the right). Many of the houses are boarded up prior to demolition and the area to the ...

Caroline Street, Longton

This is a view north east along Caroline Street. At the top end lies the junction with Upper Cross Street and Anchor Passage with The Miners' Rest public house (a Parker's Ales inn) just visible on the ...

Coach and Horses Inn, Oldcourt Street, Tunstall

The Coach and Horses Inn is towards the north end of Oldcourt Street, near then junction with Roundwell Street, in Tunstall. To the left, the tall building is the Oldcourt Pottery and behind the inn on ...

Cottages along New Inn Lane, Hanford

On the right are cottages numbered 99 to 129 New Inn Lane. The back gardens all have outhouses and overlook the open space of Trentham Rugby Club and Sideway. They were built between 1900 and 1924. The ...

Drummond Street, Goldenhill, Stoke-on-Trent

Drummond Street (Victoria Street until the 1950s) was just off High Street, Goldenhill. The area has been cleared of houses and is now occupied by the Goldenhill Community Hall. There is a date tablet ...

East Street in Goldenhill, Stoke-on-Trent

The gas lamp cleaner in East Street. East street with its neighbours Central Street and West Street were three streets between present day Albany Street and Gilbert Street in Goldenhill. The terraced ...

Fenton Parish Church

Fenton Parish Church (Christchurch) is in Albert Square. To the left of the photograph is Fenton Town Hall, latterly used as a Magistrate's Court and to the right, the War Memorial. Christchurch was ...

Ford Green Road, Stoke-on-Trent

Looking north east along Ford Green Road from near the junction with Chetwynd Street (on the right). Ford Green station, on the Biddulph Vallley branch, is just to the left of the level crossing gates ...

Fountain Square, Hanley

The camera is looking across Fountain Square towards Tontine square with Tontine Street in the distance. The area is now pedestrianized, so has lost the roundabout, traffic and array of road signs. The ...

Garfield Pottery, Longton

The rear of Gallimore & Co's Garfield Pottery in Barker Street, Longton. Gallimore's produced china and earthenware here from 1947. Although no longer a pottery, the building with the painted "Garfield ...