Theme Explorer

Start Again > Sport, Arts & Leisure > Museums & Galleries
Page 1 of 2 28 Records Found
12

Arnold Bennett's House and Museum, Cobridge, Stoke-upon-Trent

The house at 205 Waterloo Road, Cobridge that was once the home of Potteries writer Arnold Bennett and later, for a short time, the Arnold Bennett Museum. Arnold Bennett's father, Enoch, who was a solicitor, ...

Axe and Grindstone. Photographed by William Blake.

On the left is a Late Bronze Age socketed axe head. On the right is the lower part of a rotary quern, a milling device from the Roman period. A heavy stone with a central hole would have sat on this ...

Bernard Moore Ware. Photographed by William Blake.

A display case containing a selection of ware by Bernard Moore. Formerly of Moore Bros., Longton, Bernard Moore is noted for producing Flambe Glaze ware during its revival in the early 20th century. The ...

Bernard Moore Ware. Photographed by William Blake.

Lantern slide showing a display case containing a selection of ware by Bernard Moore. Formerly of Moore Bros., Longton, Bernard Moore is noted for producing Flambe Glaze ware during its revival in the ...

Bernard Moore Ware. Photographed by William Blake.

Lantern slide showing a display case containing a selection of ware by Bernard Moore. Formerly of Moore Bros., Longton, Bernard Moore is noted for producing Flambe Glaze ware during its revival in ...

Ceramic Vases, Hanley Museum. Photographed by William Blake.

A collection of ceramic vases decorated in the pate sur pate style, including work by the artist M.Solon. Taken at Hanley Museum, Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire.

Ceramic Vases, Hanley Museum. Photographed by William Blake.

A collection of ceramic vases decorated in the pate sur pate style, including work by the artist M.Solon. Taken at Hanley Museum, Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire.

City Central Library and Art Gallery & Museum, Bethesda Street, Hanley

This photograph is looking over the foundations of the City Central Library and Archives building towards the Potteries Museum and Art Gallery. This photograph was taken in 1968, before the museum building ...

City Museum & Art Gallery, Bethesda Street, Hanley

The City Museum & Art Gallery was officially opened by Alderman Horace Barks on the 13th October 1956. Built on the site of the Bell Pottery works, this image shows the area before additions were made ...

Collection of Bottles. Photographed by William Blake.

A collection of bottles photographed at Hanley Museum, Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire.

Collection of Bottles. Photographed by William Blake.

A collection of bottles photographed at Hanley Museum, Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire.

Continental Pieces. Photographed by William Blake.

Photograph of a document containing illustrations of continental metal/glass work from the Renaissence period.

English Drinking Glasses. Photographed by William Blake.

A collection of English drinking glasses dating from the late 17th to the early 18th century. Taken at Hanley Museum, Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire.

English Drinking Glasses. Photographed by William Blake.

A collection of English drinking glasses dating from the late 17th to the early 18th century. Taken at Hanley Museum, Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire.

Ford Green Hall, Stoke-on-Trent

Ford Green Hall dates from the 17th century and was originally a timber framed yeoman farmer's house belonging to the Ford family, who farmed 36 acres. Today the house is a museum and surrounded by period ...

Ford Green Hall, Stoke-on-Trent

Ford Green Hall was commissioned by Hugh Ford, a wealthy yeoman farmer, in 1624. Ford Green was situated in the ancient parish of Norton-le-Moors and in the early seventeenth century was meadow in the ...

Ford Green Hall, Stoke-on-Trent

The photograph shows the front and east side of Ford Green Hall, a 17th century timber framed farmhouse with a brick wing, now a museum. The house was built in 1624 for the Ford family, local farmers, ...

Official opening of the Spitfire display, Bethesda Street, Hanley

The "greenhouse" on Bethesda Street housed a Mk XVI Spitfire RW 388. Designed by Butt Lane born engineer, R J Mitchell, the Spitfire was built in 1945 and served with the RAF. This photograph was taken ...

12