Theme Explorer

Start Again > Buildings, Architecture, Monuments > Aerial Views & Townscapes
Page 1 of 8 132 Records Found

A Bit Thick for Father Christmas In the Potteries. Photographed by William Blake.

Industrial landscape with the caption "A Bit Thick for Father Christmas In the Potteries". Taken at Longton, Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire. Despite an obvious pride in many of the aspects of the pottery ...

A view from Hartshill Park, Stoke-on-Trent

The camera is looking north east from the end of Vicarage Road at the entrance to Hartshill Park and Nature Reserve. The middle of the photograph is dominated by the gas holders and buildings of Etruria ...

A view from Honeywall, Stoke-on-Trent

The photograph is a view north west from Honeywall. In the distance, on the right, is the spoil tip at Berryhill and just in front, the dome of the tower of the former Co-Op department store building ...

A view north from Hartshill Park, Stoke-on-Trent

This photograph was taken from the top of Vicarage Road, at the entrance to Hartshill Park and Nature Reserve. The camera is looking northwards. Inn the foreground is the Diamond Clay Works, manufacturing ...

Aerial photograph. Trent Vale housing scheme. Circa 1935

During the inter war years the City Council, along with many other councils in the country, embarked upon a massive house building programme. Not only was this to encourage people to move to the area ...

Aerial view of Longton

An RAF aerial view of the eastern part of Longton, looking over Normacot. North is to the top of the photograph.

Aerial view of Longton

An RAF aerial view of the southern part of Longton, the town centre can be seen at the top. North is to the top of the photograph.

Aerial view of Longton, Stoke-on-Trent.

Aerial view of Longton, Stoke-on-Trent. Taken in the 1960s, this view shows many pottery factories, bottle ovens and warehouses. The street running left to right in the middle ground is The Strand. Taken ...

Aerial view of Normacot and Longton

Looking north west across Normacot, with Longton town centre in the top left corner. The road on the left hand edge is the A5005 Lightwood Road. Star and Garter Road is in the centre foreground.

Albion Street and Normacot Road, Longton

Albion Street was renamed Morpeth Street in the 1950s.

An Aerial view of Burslem town centre

The aerial photograph was taken in 1927 and shows Market Place running up the middle with the town Hall on its left. In the bottom left hand corner is Fountain Place with St John's Square off to the ...

Anchor Road, Adderley Green. Photographed by William Blake.

Street scene with a view of Anchor road, Adderley Green, Nr. Longton, Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire. The left hand turning is Gladstone Street, which is now called Bambury Street. The Railway Hotel ...

Belgrave Road, Normacot

Photograph taken looking east along Belgrave Road towards the Church of Holy Evangelist, from a point close to the junction with Argyle Road. The Church of Holy Evangelists was built in 1847. It was ...

Bottle ovens, Longton

A general view east from Commerce Street in Longton with St James' Church tower visible between the bottle ovens. The ovens are probably from four large works in Longton: Coronation earthenware works ...

Bowden Street, Burslem

The view looking south along Bowden Street from Minster Street. In the distance is the spoil tip of Sneyd Colliery and at the bottom, but out of sight, is Moorland Road. The terraced houses at this end ...

Broadway, Meir. Photographed by William Blake.

Street scene with a view of Broadway roundabout at Meir, Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire. The King's Arms public house is to the left of the picture and a double decker bus can be seen coming round the ...

Broadway, Meir. Photographed by William Blake.

Street scene taken at Broadway Roundabout and Sandon Road, Meir, Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire. This is one of many street scenes in the Blake Collection. Most of them were taken in the Normacot and ...

Bucknall Park

The view westwards from Bucknall Park looking over the Trent Valley and towards Northwood. The Biddulph Valley and Leek branch railway line runs across the left of the photograph, in front of the houses ...