Theme Explorer

Page 1 of 2 20 Records Found
12

Birches Head RC School, Boulton Street, Hanley

Saint George and Saint Martin Roman Catholic Junior School in Boulton Street, Birches Head. Opened in 1915 as an infants school, it became a school taking pupils up to 14 years old in 1925. The school ...

Burslem from St Paul's Churchyard

The camera is looking eastwards from St Paul's Churchyard towards the centre of Burslem. Hall Street runs away from the centre of the picture towards the tower of St Joseph's Catholic Church. The cluster ...

Burslem from St Paul's Churchyard.

Looking east from the edge of St Paul's Churchyard. The tower to the right belongs to St Joseph's Catholic Church on Hall Street. The two gate posts on the right led to the original church, now demolished. ...

Catholic Church, Stoke On Trent. Photographed by William Blake.

Catholic Church interior, Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire.

Catholic Church, Stoke On Trent. Photographed by William Blake.

Catholic Church interior, Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire.

Gospel Hall, Stoke upon Trent

The Gospel Hall at the junction of City Road and Whieldon Road was built in 1896 as a Catholic Apostolic Church. The brick and stone building had become the Gospel Hall by 1958. The hall was demolished ...

Hall Street, Burslem

View south along Hall Street from Westport Road towards St Paul's churchyard at the bottom of the hill. The tower on the left belongs to the Roman Catholic Church of St. Joseph, a Grade II listed building. ...

Interior of Roman Catholic Chapel, Swynnerton. Photographed by William Blake.

The interior of the Roman Catholic Chapel adjoining Swynnerton Hall.

Knowl Street, Stoke upon Trent

This is a view north along Knowl Street from close to its junction with Shelton Old Road. The buildings on the left are associated with Our Lady of Lourdes and St Thomas Aquinas Roman Catholic Boys' School ...

Lane Ends. Mellor Street and Victoria Colliery. Packmoor, Stoke-on-Trent

Looking east towards the spoil tip of Victoria Colliery in Black Bull. Mellor Street runs through the middle of the photograph behind the cottage. The red brick building in the centre is St Patrick's ...

Our Lady & St Benedict Roman Catholic Church and Presbytery, Abbey Hulton, Stoke-on-Trent

The Church of Our Lady and St. Benedict in Abbey Lane, Abbey Hulton was built in 1937–8. Originally part of Birches Head parish, Abbey Hulton became a separate parish in 1941. The open land in the foreground ...

Sacred Heart Church, Jasper Street, Hanley

The Church of the Sacred Heart stands on the corner of Downey Street and Jasper Street south of the centre of Hanley. It is a large nineteenth century brick Gothic style building which occupies the whole ...

Sacred Heart Church, Queen's Avenue, Tunstall

The west end of Sacred Heart Roman Catholic Church in Queen's Avenue taken from the alleyway off King William Street. The local parish priest, Father P Ryan, was the driving force behind the planning ...

St Bernadette's Church, Fegg Hayes, Stoke-on-Trent

St Bernadette's Church and Church Hall stand on the corner of Heskin Way and Fegg Hayes Road. The church and hall were built in 1962, when a new parish was created from Sacred Heart in Tunstall, to serve ...

St Gregory's RC Church, Longton

Heathcote Road, looking east. St. Gregory's Roman Catholic Church was built 1868-9 to designs by E.W. Pugin. The Presbytery was added in 1880.

St. Mary's Roman Catholic Church, Brierly Street, Smallthorne

This church stands on Brierly Street which was formerly known as Queen Street. The south-west face has a datestone showing 1905. The seven stone steps on the north-west side originally lead to an entrance ...

St. Peter's Church tower, Caverswall

Taken from the south. In the background is St. Filumena's Roman Catholic Church. The Church of St Peter in Caverswall is mostly late 12th century, with a 13th century arcade and a Perpendicular west ...

St. Teresa's Church, Trent Vale, Stoke-on-Trent

The church is on Stone Road (A34), close to the Hanford A500 flyover. A church, dedicated to St. Teresa, was opened on this site in 1928 around the same time as the Michelin Tyre Company's factory, which ...

12