Theme Explorer

Start Again > Religion & Beliefs > Monuments & Memorials
Page 1 of 1 18 Records Found
1

Arnold Bennett's grave in Burslem Cemetery

Burslem Cemetery was consecrated in 1879. It lies between Hanley Road, Leek New Road and the grassed over spoil tip of Sneyd Colliery. The cemetery chapel was demolished in 2008. Arnold Bennett died ...

Blurton War Memorial. Photographed by William Blake.

View of the war memorial outside St. Bartholomew's Church, Church Road, Blurton, Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire.

Blurton. Photographed by William Blake.

Village scene with a view of St. Bartholomew's Church and the war memorial. The church is situated on Church Road, Blurton, Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire.

Floral Tributes To Aaron Edwards, Dresden, Longton

Cemetery scene with a view of the grave and floral tribute to Aaron Edwards. He was buried at the Curch of the Ressurection, Dresden, Longton.

Last Supper, carved relief

Last supper scene hand carved in relief with the inscription; "TO THE GLORY OF GOD AND THE MEMORY OF CROMARTIE 4th DUKE AND 20th EARL OF SUTHERLAND. THIS MEMORIAL WAS ERECTED BY GRATEFUL INHABITANTS ...

Littleton Tomb, S.Chancel, Penkridge Church. Photographed by William Blake.

Church interior with a view of the Littleton Tomb in Penkridge Church, Staffordshire.

Longton Cemetery

The tomb of Matthew Wardhough is pictured. The cemetery was opened in 1878 on land formerly occupied by Spring Gardens allotments.

Longton Cemetery

The inscription on the grave of Matthew Wardhough is pictured.

Mausoleum for the Dukes of Sutherland, Trentham

Trentham mausoleum alongside Stone Road (A34) opposite the original main entrance to Trentham Park. Built for the Leveson-Gower family (Marquises of Stafford and later Dukes of Sutherland) in 1807-1808, ...

Mausoleum for the Dukes of Sutherland, Trentham

Trentham Park Mausoleum stands opposite the site of the original main gates to Trentham Park. This is the view from Stone Road (A34). The grade 1 listed building was finished in 1808 and built for George ...

Normacot Churchyard

Monument to Emmie, wife of Thomas Clarke Wild. The Holy Evangelists Church was built on the south side of Upper Belgrave Road as a chapel of ease for Blurton Church in 1847. It was designed by George ...

Saxon Cross Shaft, Eyam, Derbyshire. Photographed by William Blake.

Stereoscope slide of a Saxon Cross Shaft at Eyam Church, Derbyshire.

Stone effigy, Sheen. Photographed by William Blake.

A much defaced stone effigy of a priest (probably 15th century) outside the east end of Sheen church.

Sutherland Ancestral Monument, Trentham Church. Photographed by William Blake.

Church interior with a view of the Sutherland Ancestral Monument at St. Mary and All Saint's Church, Trentham, Nr. Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire.

The Draycott Chapel, Draycott Church. Photographed by William Blake.

Church interior taken at St. Margaret's Church, Church Lane, Draycott, Staffordshire.

The Font, Biddulph Church. Photographed by William Blake.

Church interior with a view of the font at St. Lawrence's Church, Biddulph, Nr. Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire.

Tomb, Eccleshall Church. Photographed by William Blake.

Bishop Richard Sampson's tomb in Eccleshall Church, dated 1554.

Tomb, Eccleshall Church. Photographed by William Blake.

Bishop Thomas Bentham's tomb in Eccleshall Church, dated 1578.

1