Theme Explorer

Page 1 of 20 343 Records Found

14 Frederick Avenue, Penkhull

This building was originally a Sunday School and Chapel that stood on Frederick Avenue, previously Frederick Street until 1912. It was constructed in 1909 but has since been demolished.

Adams Street, Milton, Stoke-on-Trent

This is a view north along Adams Street from Newleigh Street (once New Street) in Milton. Millrise Road is at the top, with the line of trees. The large building (right) at the corner of Adams Street ...

Alstonefield Church. Photographed by William Blake.

Church interior taken at Alstonefield Church, Staffordshire.

Arches in Stoke-on-Trent Churchyard

This view of St. Peter's Church, Stoke-on-Trent is from Church Street. The arches in the foreground are the ruins of a Saxon and a later twelfth century church. The remains of the medieval church were ...

Assembly Hall, Chamberlain Avenue, Stoke on trent

The photograph was taken on the corner of London Road and Chamberlain Avenue, Stoke on Trent. In 1912 a group of unsectarian Christians set up an Assembly Hall in Welch Street in Stoke upon Trent, and ...

Barker Street , Longton

Photograph taken looking towards the north-west. St. James's Church is visible. St. James the Less Church on Uttoxeter Road, Longton. A Commissioners' Church built in 1832-34 to designs by T. Johnson ...

Barlow Street, Longton

Photograph taken from Sutherland Road, with St. James's church in the background.

Belgrave Road Congregational Chapel, Dresden

A new chapel was erected in Belgrave Road in 1885, replaced by the building in this photograph in 1906. The membership was 25 in 1957 and the chapel then seated 450. It has since been demolished.

Belgrave Road, Normacot

Photograph taken looking east along Belgrave Road towards the Church of Holy Evangelist, from a point close to the junction with Argyle Road. The Church of Holy Evangelists was built in 1847. It was ...

Bethesda Chapel, Hanley

This is an interior photograph of Bethesda Chapel taken in April 1949. The people standing on the balcony, in the top right corner of the photograph, are the choir. Built in 1819, Bethesda Chapel is an ...

Bethesda New Connexion Chapel, Albion Street, Hanley

This building dates from 1819 and the frontage from 1859. The land upon which Bethesda stands was first purchased in 1791, as a direct response to the emergence of the New Connexion and the need to make ...

Bethesda New Connexion Methodist Chapel, Albion Street, Hanley

Bethesda Chapel is an example of a large 19th-century town chapel. The building, which dates largely from 1819, was constructed by newly emerging the Methodist New Connexion on the site of an earlier ...

Bethesda Schoolrooms, Hanley

The photograph shows the western end of Alexander House, the former Methodist Sunday School of the neighbouring Bethesda Chapel. The gable end has a tablet in the pediment "Bethesda School, erected MDCCCXIX ...

Birch Terrace Synagogue, Hanley.

The building dates back to the 1920s when the Jewish community bought a private boys' school and an adjoining stone mason's yard in Birch Terrace as the site for their first synagogue in Hanley. In 2004 ...

Birches Head RC School, Boulton Street, Hanley

Saint George and Saint Martin Roman Catholic Junior School in Boulton Street, Birches Head. Opened in 1915 as an infants school, it became a school taking pupils up to 14 years old in 1925. The school ...

Bishop's Palace, St. David's, Pembrokeshire

A view of the Bishop's Palace at St. David's, Pembrokeshire. Photographed by William Blake of Longton.

Blurton Church. Photographed by William Blake.

View of St. Bartholomew's Church, Church Road, Blurton, Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire.

Blurton Church. Photographed by William Blake.

View of St. Bartholomew's Church, Church Road, Blurton, Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire.