Theme Explorer

Page 1 of 3 49 Records Found

Alexandra Mill, Wardle Street, Tunstall

The Alexandra Mill was a flint and stone mill linked to Johnson Brothers (Hanley) Alexandra Pottery. This is the entrance at the bottom of Wardle Street formerly Meadow Street. Behind the mill were sidings ...

Bedford Street Lock and Mellor's Millers on the Caldon Canal, Hanley

This photograph was taken from the Bedford Street Locks (locks 1 and 2) looking north along the Caldon Canal towards Mellor' Mills wharf and works. The canal bends sharply round to the left towards the ...

Bottle ovens from Adkins Street, Burslem

The photograph was taken from the rear of Adkins Street and shows the ovens of the Britannia Pottery of A G Richardson. The square building on the left hand edge, with the square chimney in the centre ...

Bricesco, Milvale Street, Middleport

The Burslem Works of British Ceramic Service Co. (Bricesco) in Milvale Street in Middleport. The works were at the corner of Milvale Street and Burgess Street and ran along the Trent & Mersey Canal. The ...

Caldon Canal from Bedford Street bridge, Hanley

Looking south along the Caldon Canal from the bridge at Bedford Street. On the left is the edge of large Bedford earthenware works operated by Ridgways. The tall building in the centre of the photograph ...

Caldon Canal near Pyenest Street, Stoke-on-Trent

Taken from close to the Stoke Road (A5006) bridge, the camera is looking west along the Caldon Canal. In the distance is one of the now demolished gas holders of the Etruria Gas Works on Etruscan Street. ...

Caverswall Mill. Photographed by William Blake.

View of the River Blithe and Cookshill Mill at Caverswall, Nr. Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire.

Consall Mill. Photographed by William Blake.

View of the Caldon Canal and Consall Mill, Consall Valley, Nr. Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire.

Consall Mill. Photographed by William Blake.

Winter scene including the Caldon Canal at Consall Mill, Nr. Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire.

Dale Mills, Adkins Street, Cobridge

Constructed in 1922, this flint mill is a rectangular factory complex. It is approximately seven rooms long by four rooms deep and consists of five main buildings. One of the buildings, at the north-west ...

Dalehall Mills, Newport Lane, Middleport

Dalehall Mills is a mill used in the pottery industry, which was constructed between 1878 and 1900. It is three storeys high and is two rooms wide by two rooms deep. The front of the building has a large ...

Entrance to Shelton Steel & Iron Works, Newport Lane, Middleport

ooking south near the end of Newport Lane at one of the entrances to Shelton Steel Works. The buildings on the right, partly hidden by the Shelton signboard, is Oliver's Mill with its calcining oven. ...

Etruria Industrial Museum, Lower Bedford Street, Etruria.

The Etruscan Mill was built in 1857 alongside the Trent and Mersey Canal. The Mill's purpose was to grind materials for the agricultural and pottery industries, such as cattle bone and flint. Bone meal ...

Etruria Vale Mills on the Caldon Canal, Stoke-on-Trent

On the left is Mellor's Minerals flint mill on the Caldon Canal off Etruria Vale Road (to the left). The camera is looking north along the canal with the (now demolished) houses on Bedford Street in the ...

Furlong Lane from Newport Lane, Middleport

The camera is looking northwards along Furlong Lane from the Newport Lane corner. On the left, the first building, then shops, still stands and is offices. Further down on the right hand side are the ...

Furlong Mill, Furlong Lane/Navigation Road, Middleport

The main part of this building was constructed in 1842, then enlarged in 1913. In total it comprises of eighteen buildings which include two bottle kilns. One of the buildings on this site used to be ...

Furlong Mills, Middleport

The camera is looking southwards along Furlong Lane in Middleport. Furlong Mills in Furlong Lane, Middleport is a mill for the preparation of potting materials. It was built in 1842, marked on maps as ...

Fustian Mill on Oxford Road, Fegg Haye, Stoke-on-Trents.

The fustian mill is on the west side of Oxford Road. The mill was part of Congleton Cutters "English Velvets". Fustian is the old name for corduroy, a kind of cotton velvet. The cotton cloth had extra ...