Theme Explorer

Start Again > Transport & Communication > Delivery Vehicles
Page 1 of 2 31 Records Found
12

Anchor Road, Adderley Green. Photographed by William Blake.

Street scene with a view of Anchor road, Adderley Green, Nr. Longton, Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire. The left hand turning is Gladstone Street, which is now called Bambury Street. The Railway Hotel ...

At a Meeting - Document from the Enoch Wood Scrapbook

Post in the Potteries - 1801 In 1801 a national postal system using a fleet of coaches was growing in coverage but still did not directly serve the Potteries. Many towns and cities not served by ...

Bagnall Road, Baddeley Edge, Stoke-on-Trent

Looking north east down Bagnall Road, from close to its junction with Wardle Lane, towards Spout Lane. The house just visible over the van still stands. The delivery van belonged to the Co-operative Society. ...

Belgrave Road, Dresden. Photographed by William Blake.

Street scene taken at Belgrave Road, Dresden, Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire. This is one of many street scenes in the Blake Collection. Most of them were taken in the Normacot and Dresden areas near ...

Bridgwood Street, Longton

The view north along Wharf Street towards the Tuscan China Works on Forrister Street. Wharf Street is today Bridgwood Street and the terraced houses have been replaced with modern housing. The photograph ...

Broadway, Meir. Photographed by William Blake.

Street scene with a view of Broadway roundabout at Meir, Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire. The King's Arms public house is to the left of the picture and a double decker bus can be seen coming round the ...

Cheadle Road, Forsbrook. Photographed by William Blake.

Village scene taken at Cheadle Road, Forsbrook, Staffordshire. The Butchers Arms public house can be seen in the distance.

Coal Truck. Photographed by William Blake.

This wagon belonged to and was built by Edward Eastwood of Chesterfield , hence the "E E" on the wagon side and on the axleboxes ("EEC"). Additionally it it is known from records at the National Archives ...

Coal Trucks & Steam Engine. Photographed by William Blake.

Photograph of coal trucks and a steam engine. Unknown location.

Co-operative Milk Service Van.

Very little is known about this photograph. The crushed vehicle has writing above the windscreen which reads, Co-operative Milk Service. If you can provide any further information about this photograph ...

Cratemaker.

View of a cratemaking company yard. In the foreground is the company truck and Mr. W. J. Shenton is pictured holding the horse. The long hazel rods used in crate making can be seen in the background, ...

Delivering wares

Crates of wares, packed with straw, are unloaded from a North Staffordshire Railway truck. Crate-making was an auxilliary trade that served the pottery industry. Fragile finished wares needed protection ...

Grafton Pottery Works, Longton

The Grafton Pottery Works was on Marlborough Road, Ashwood in Longton. Built in 1900 for Alfred B Jones who set up his family business around this time. The name came from the neighbouring Grafton Junior ...

Hilderstone. Photographed by William Blake.

Village scene taken at Hilderstone, Staffordshire. The photograph includes a vehicle travelling past Christ Church on Cresswell Road.

Longton Road, Rough Close. Photographed by William Blake.

Street scene taken at Longton Road, Rough Close, Nr. Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire. The Swynnerton Arms public house and a horse and cart can be seen in the distance.

Longton Town Hall. Photographed by William Blake

A view of the town hall at Longton's Times Square, Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire. This was Longton's second town hall and was built in 1863.

Manifold Valley Min. Railway. Photographed by William Blake.

Landscape taken from the hills of Manifold Valley, Staffordshire. The picture includes the Manifold Valley Mining Railway. This area is now part of the Peak District National Park.

Mark XVI Spitfire at The Potteries Museum & Art Gallery

Photograph of the Spitfire, which has been on permanent display at The Potteries Museum and Art Gallery since 1986. Designed by local engineer Reginald Mitchell in the 1930s, the Spitfire was instrumental ...

12