Theme Explorer

Page 1 of 12 206 Records Found

2 Sneyd Street, Cobridge, Stoke-on-Trent

This plan is of the terraced house at no.2 Sneyd Street in Cobridge. The house backs onto the Market Tavern pub; there was once a door between the two but it has been bricked up. Diagrams (clockwise ...

Albion Square from Lichfield Street, Hanley

This photograph was taken from the northern end of Lichfield Street looking across Albion Square towards Stafford Street (left) and Tontine Street (right). Albion Street is going the left edge. Pedestrianisation ...

Basford Bank, Etruria Road, Basford, Stoke-on-Trent

A postcard of Basford dated 29th September 1905. The photograph was taken from the top of Basford Bank looking down Etruria Road, towards Etruria and Hanley. The Queens Hotel can be seen in the centre ...

Bennetts, 122 North Road, Cobridge, Burslem

Bennetts public house was constructed between 1832 and 1878. It has two storeys and is three rooms wide by three rooms deep.

Bleak Hill Works, Cobridge

Bleak Hill works was at the bottom of Orgreave Street (previously named Bleak Street), off Waterloo Road. Warburton Street ran from left to right across the front of the works. Behind the works is the ...

Bobo's, 14-16 Westport Road, Burslem

Bobo's Nightclub stands on Westport Road in Burslem. Westport Road was formerly named Liverpool Road between 1832 and 1878, and previously to that was known as Hill Street. This three storey building ...

Borough Hotel, Trinity Street, Hanley.

The hotel has undergone a facelift from the image taken in the 1930’s. The uppermost floor remains untouched, but the windows and doors on the ground & first floor have been radically altered. The ...

Borough Hotel, Trinity Street, Hanley.

The Borough hotel was one of two pubs in Trinity Street sharing the same name. This one was colloquially known as 'The Big Borough' because of its size. At this time it was owned by the local Parker's ...

Bowden Hotel, 26 Leek Road, Stoke

This three storey public house is currently named The Roebuck. It is located on Leek Road a short distance from Stoke-on-Trent train station.

Bowler Hat, 52-54 Moorland Road, Burslem

The Bowler Hat public house was constructed between 1832 and 1878. It has a rectangular plan, one room wide by two rooms deep. It has a plain tiled roof with no chimney. This photograph shows the front ...

Brickhouse Street, Burslem

The photograph shows the narrow alleyway at the Market Place end of Brickhouse Street, which connects Queen Street with Market Place in Burslem. It runs alongside the Wedgwood Institute. The Bookmaker's ...

British Legion Club, Waterloo Road, Burslem

The British Legion Club stands on the corner of Elm Street and Waterloo Road. It is one room wide by two rooms deep with a cellar and large modern addition to the side of the building. There have been ...

Broadway, Meir. Photographed by William Blake.

Street scene with a view of Broadway roundabout at Meir, Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire. The King's Arms public house is to the left of the picture and a double decker bus can be seen coming round the ...

Bromley Arms, Ellastone

The Bromley Arms, Ellastone, photographed by William Blake of Longton, Stoke-on-Trent. The Bromley Arms was formerly Ellastone Old Hall, and dates from the late 17th century. This photograph is now ...

Brook Street, Stoke upon Trent

No. 1, Brook Street, the Tudor Gothic style building on the corner of Brook Street and Glebe Street was built in 1867. It was originally a house and later became a National Provincial Bank branch. Today ...

Bull's Head, 14 St. John's Square, Burslem

The Bull's Head public house is believed to have been constructed before 1832. It stands in St. John's Square in Burslem town centre. It is a rectangular structure, one room wide by two rooms deep and ...

Bull's Head, 283 Sneyd Street, Cobridge

This public house is believed to have been constructed before 1775. It has a rectangular plan with a rear projection. It has two storeys, and is one room wide by two rooms deep with a cellar. The front ...

Burslem Central W.M.C., Baddeley Street, Burslem

This two storey building is two rooms wide by two rooms deep with a two storey projection on the east side. Number 2 Mountford Street has been modified to form part of the club.