Theme Explorer

Page 1 of 3 43 Records Found

2 - 9 Brook Street, Stoke

This building plan shows the row of terraced buildings on Brook Street in Stoke. They were designed by Henry Ward in tudor-gothic style and were constructed in 1838. Many of the buildings are now used ...

2 Brook Street, Stoke

This plan is of 2 Brook Street in Stoke. It was designed by Henrey Ward and constructed in 1838. It is now Grade II listed. Diagrams (clockwise from top left): - Front of building - First floor plan - ...

48 Broad Street, Hanley

In the 1960s, number 48 Broad Street was occupied by Gestetner, a company that manufactured duplication and reproducing machines in the days before photocopiers. Gestetnering involved making a stencil ...

Bird Cage Walk, Hanley

Bird Cage Walk is a narrow alley connecting Broad Street with Clough Street. The Students' Bookshop building is on the corner of Broad Street and Marsh Street in Hanley. Between this and the neighbouring ...

Brook Street and Stoke on Trent Town Hall

This is a view along Brook Street towards Glebe Street and Stoke Town Hall. The brick building to the right is No 1 Brook Street, a grade II listed building, built in 1867. To the left is the edge of ...

Cheapside from the Town Hall, Hanley

Taken from outside the Town Hall, this photograph is looking towards Cheapside. On the left the is the old Gaumont Cinema, previously the Regent and later The Odeon. Closed in 1989, the building is ...

Church Street, Stoke upon Trent

A view north along Church Street at the junction with Campbell Place (to the left). Sutherland Chambers, dated 1899, is the large building, with many chimneys, on the left next to the modern supermarket. ...

City Central Library and Art Gallery & Museum, Bethesda Street, Hanley

This photograph is looking over the foundations of the City Central Library and Archives building towards the Potteries Museum and Art Gallery. This photograph was taken in 1968, before the museum building ...

Ford's Pottery, Newcastle Street, Burslem

Looking southwest along the upper end of Newcastle Street, just outside Burslem. The buildings on the right were part of Ford's Pottery, which extended up from Blake Street. Ford's were an earthenware, ...

Fountain Place Pottery, Westport Road, Burslem

The camera is looking down Westport road from Fountain Place in Burslem. On the left, Alcock's cycle and television shop used to be the corner frontage to Enoch Wood's Fountain Place pottery works. To ...

Fountain Square, Hanley

The camera is looking across Fountain Square towards Tontine square with Tontine Street in the distance. The area is now pedestrianized, so has lost the roundabout, traffic and array of road signs. The ...

Gladstone China Office. Bert and George Proctor.

Photograph of Bernard, known as Bert(seated), and George Proctor, his son. The Proctor family had owned the Gladstone China site since the 1870s, trading as George Proctor and Company from 1892. Taken ...

Grindley's Woodland Pottery, Tunstall

W H Grindley's Woodland Pottery in Lower Woodland Street. The photograph was taken from Lambert Street (known as Garden Street until the 1950s). In the 1990's the area was redeveloped, the pottery was ...

Grove Road, Fenton

This photograph was taken looking eastwards along Grove Road from the old entrance to Kemball/Stafford Colliery. On the right are the offices of the Midlands Electricity Board and beyond, Heron Cross ...

Hanley Museum and Art Gallery, Pall Mall, Hanley.

Keeling & Walker's Offices, Mount Pleasant, Fenton

The ornate early twentieth century office building of Keeling Walker Ltd on the corner of Sutherland Street and Whieldon Road in the Mount Pleasant area of Fenton. Above the oriel window is a tile plaque ...

Malpass Street, Tunstall

Looking north along Malpass Street (known as Hall Street until the 1950s) from The Boulevard (formerly Station Road) in Tunstall. This view has completely disappeared with the extension and widening of ...

Minton Pottery from London Road, Stoke upon Trent

A view of the "new additions" to the Minton factory from the corner of London Road and Fleming Road in Stoke. To the right is the statue of Colin Minton Campbell. It was originally in Campbell Place (1887), ...