Theme Explorer

Start Again > Buildings, Architecture, Monuments > Monuments, Statues & Follies
Page 1 of 3 38 Records Found

Adams Clock tower, Tunstall Park.

Erected in 1907, the clock tower commemorates William Adams, a prominent pottery manufacturer in Tunstall. The Adams family operated the Greengates and Greenfield potteries amongst others. Panels around ...

Arches in Stoke-on-Trent Churchyard

This view of St. Peter's Church, Stoke-on-Trent is from Church Street. The arches in the foreground are the ruins of a Saxon and a later twelfth century church. The remains of the medieval church were ...

Arnold Bennett's grave in Burslem Cemetery

Burslem Cemetery was consecrated in 1879. It lies between Hanley Road, Leek New Road and the grassed over spoil tip of Sneyd Colliery. The cemetery chapel was demolished in 2008. Arnold Bennett died ...

Ball Green War Memorial, Stoke-on-Trent

Alsio known as the Whitfield memorial, Ball Green War memorial stood at the junction of Wilding Road (right) and Whitfield Road in Ball Green. It was moved to a new site in Ball Green in 1964, just after ...

Biddulph, Shepherds Cross. Photographed by William Blake.

Stonework landmark known as Shepherd's Cross, Biddulph, Nr. Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire.

Biddulph, Shepherds Cross. Photographed by William Blake.

Stonework landmark known as Shepherd's Cross, Biddulph, Nr. Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire.

Blurton War Memorial. Photographed by William Blake.

View of the war memorial outside St. Bartholomew's Church, Church Road, Blurton, Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire.

Cheshire Cottage and Egyptian Court, Biddulph Grange Gardens

This is a plan of the Egyptian Court and Cheshire Cottage at Biddulph Grange Gardens. These buildings were created as an integral part of the gardens by James Bateman who set up the gardens in the mid ...

Copeland & Sons Spode Works, Kingsway, Stoke-on-Trent

A view from Kingsway in Stoke towards the Spode Works of W T Copeland & Sons. The photograph is taken from in front of Kings Hall and the brick surround to the New Cenotaph is just visible in the bottom ...

Fenton Parish Church

Fenton Parish Church (Christchurch) is in Albert Square. To the left of the photograph is Fenton Town Hall, latterly used as a Magistrate's Court and to the right, the War Memorial. Christchurch was ...

Forster Street, Tunstall

The camera is looking south east along Forster Street towards Tower Square and the photograph was taken from the Roundwell Street corner. The large building on the right is Forster Street School. The ...

Harecastle railway tunnel from Hollywall Lane, Tunstall

Looking westwards from Hollywall Lane towards the southern entrance of the Harecastle railway tunnels (immediately behind the first pylon). On the skyline to the right is the pillar of the Wedgwood Monument ...

Longton Cemetery

The tomb of Matthew Wardhough is pictured. The cemetery was opened in 1878 on land formerly occupied by Spring Gardens allotments.

Longton Cemetery

The south side of the mortuary chapels. The chapel to the west was Nonconformist and to the east was Church of England. The cemetery was opened in 1878 on land formerly occupied by Spring Gardens allotments....

Longton Cemetery

The inscription on the grave of Matthew Wardhough is pictured.

Longton Park. Photographed by William Blake.

Park scene taken at Longton Park, Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire. This view includes the Trentham Road entrance, gates and lodge. The park's official name is Queen's Park and it was officially opened ...

Mausoleum for the Dukes of Sutherland, Trentham

Trentham mausoleum alongside Stone Road (A34) opposite the original main entrance to Trentham Park. Built for the Leveson-Gower family (Marquises of Stafford and later Dukes of Sutherland) in 1807-1808, ...

Mausoleum for the Dukes of Sutherland, Trentham

Trentham Park Mausoleum stands opposite the site of the original main gates to Trentham Park. This is the view from Stone Road (A34). The grade 1 listed building was finished in 1808 and built for George ...