Theme Explorer

Page 1 of 3 43 Records Found

Brook Street and Stoke on Trent Town Hall

This is a view along Brook Street towards Glebe Street and Stoke Town Hall. The brick building to the right is No 1 Brook Street, a grade II listed building, built in 1867. To the left is the edge of ...

Burslem Town Hall

The eastern end of the old Town Hall in Burslem and, in front, the gardens that were laid out in the 1960s. This part of the old Market Square used to be the site of the Market Hall and after the gardens, ...

Burslem Town Hall

This engraving of the "New Town Hall" dates from around 1856.

Burslem Town Hall

The western end of Burslem's second Town Hall in Market Place. Opened in 1854, this building replaced the first Town Hall and was built on the same site. Behind to the left are PMT buses parked in Market ...

Butterfield Place, Tunstall

The photograph is looking west along Butterfield Place towards Tunstall High Street. Butterfield Place was originally known as Amicable Street. On the right is the side and rear of Tunstall Town Hall ...

Cannon Street, Hanley

The camera is looking north east along Cannon Street (now Cannon Place) towards the centre of Hanley. In the centre distance is Hanley town Hall with its steep roofs. The photograph was taken from the ...

Central Hall, Longton. Photographed by William Blake.

The Easter celebration decorations at Central Hall, Longton, Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire.

Custom House, Liverpool. Photographed by William Blake.

Lantern slide showing the custom house at Liverpool docks with a steamship and a docked sailing vessel.

Fenton Parish Church

Fenton Parish Church (Christchurch) is in Albert Square. To the left of the photograph is Fenton Town Hall, latterly used as a Magistrate's Court and to the right, the War Memorial. Christchurch was ...

Fenton Town Hall, Albert Square, Fenton

Fenton Town Hall consists of three blocks; one large, central, rectangular block and two smaller end blocks. There is a datestone in the centre section which reads: 'Laid by W. M. Baker, 5th July 1888'. ...

Fleming Street, Stoke-on-Trent

At the bottom of Fleming Street, formerly South Wolfe Street, are the "new additions" to the Minton Works which front on to London Road. To the right is a "Labour Exchange" building, the original Job ...

Hanley Town Hall

This view from Pall Mall into Albion Street and Albion Square is dominated by Hanley Town Hall. Bagnall Street runs off to the right alongside the hall leading to the adjoining Victoria Hall. The Hanley ...

Longton Police Station

Glover's brewery was on this Sutherland Road site originally, until Joules of Stone bought them out in 1903. The police purchased the brewery from Joules, demolished it, and built this building. Longton ...

Longton Town Hall

Photograph taken during Whit week, June 1968. This was Longton's second town hall and was built in 1863.

Longton Town Hall

Shows the Town Hall before remodelling. Photograph taken from the bottom of Caroline Street. This was Longton's second town hall and was built in 1863.

Longton Town Hall

Photograph taken before later alteration. This was Longton's second town hall and was built in 1863.

Longton Town Hall

Photograph taken before later alteration. This was Longton's second town hall and was built in 1863.

Longton Town Hall

This photograph shows Longton Town Hall on Times Square, looking towards Market Street. Times Square was the original market square in Longton and laid out in 1789. This is Longton's second Town Hall, ...