Theme Explorer

Page 1 of 9 145 Records Found

14 Frederick Avenue, Penkhull

This building was originally a Sunday School and Chapel that stood on Frederick Avenue, previously Frederick Street until 1912. It was constructed in 1909 but has since been demolished.

Adderley Green Schools. Photographed by William Blake.

View of Adderley Green Schools just off Anchor Road, Adderley Green, Nr. Longton, Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire.

Archbishop McIntyre School, Birches Head, Stoke-on-Trent

Archbishop McIntyre Roman Catholic Secondary (later Junior High) School was on Birches Head Road in Hanley. The school amalgamated with blessed William Southerne to become St Margaret Ward. The buildings ...

Archbishop McIntyre School, Birches Head, Stoke-on-Trent

Students at Archbishop McIntyre Roman Catholic Secondary School on Birches Head Road in Hanley. The school later became a Junior High School before closing (after amalgamation with Blessed William Southerne). ...

Ball Green County Secondary Modern School, Stoke-on-Trent

Ball Green Secondary Modern School on Bemersley Road, Ball Green, Stoke-on-Trent. The camera is looking north, with Bemersley Road off to the right hand side. Although the school buildings have been demolished, ...

Ball Green Primary School, Stoke-on-Trent

The photograph shows the final stages in the building of Ball Green Primary School, taken in May 1964 just four months before the school opened. Just off Whitfield Road, the school is next to Fir Tree ...

Benson Street, Pitts Hill, Tunstall

Looking east along Benson Street (formerly New Street) in Pitts Hill. The photograph was taken from the corner of St Michaels Road (formerly High Street). On the right is the former Tunstall Primitive ...

Berryhill Secondary School, Stoke-on-Trent

Berry Hill Secondary Modern School under construction in September 1964. The photograph was taken west of Arbourfield Drive looking eastwards. The disturbed ground in the foreground is spoil from the ...

Bethesda Schoolrooms, Hanley

The photograph shows the western end of Alexander House, the former Methodist Sunday School of the neighbouring Bethesda Chapel. The gable end has a tablet in the pediment "Bethesda School, erected MDCCCXIX ...

Birches Head Road, Abbey Hulton

The view east along Birches Head Road from Leek Road in Abbey Hulton. The housing to the top right of the photograph is in Sneyd Green. The land to the left of the junction is now housing and Carmountside ...

Birches Head Road, Stoke-on-Trent

The view west along Birches Head Road from just before the Caldon Canal. The parapets of the canal bridge are in the centre of the photograph. Just beyond is the level crossing over the Biddulph Valley/Stoke ...

Blurton Church of England School, Blurton

Blurton Church of England School stood on School Lane. The school was built in 1834 but closed in 1954 when it had only infants on the roll. Now demolished and the site used for housing.

Blurton Primary Schools

In the foreground are the buildings of Blurton Junior and Infants' Schools, opened in 1948. To the left are more modern buildings, with the original "prefab" classroom to the right. The houses immediately ...

Brewery Street, Hanley

Looking along Brewery Street towards the junction with Bryan Street. Beyond is the site of the old Port Vale football ground, a car park by the time this photograph was taken. The building on the right ...

Broom Street Nursery School, Hanley

The school was designed of Queen Anne style by architect William Keates. It was built in 1879 to accomodate 750 children and cost £6,953 to construct.

Broom Street School, Hanley. Circa 1950

A boys PE lesson at Broom Street School. Exercise and play areas were small, the girls and infants being given even less space than the boys.

Broom Street, Hanley

Broom Street runs east off Old Town Road in Hanley. On the corner is Safin House, occupied in 1963 by S Finney & Sons, Wholesale Warehousemen. H & E Smith's tile factory still stands, although no longer ...

Brownhills High School, Stoke-on-Trent

The photograph shows the main buildings and playing fields of Brownhills High School. This site is now the Co-operative Academy of Stoke on Trent, with new school buildings. The School was originally ...