Theme Explorer

Start Again > Buildings, Architecture, Monuments > Community, Meeting & Village Halls
Page 1 of 1 15 Records Found
1

Belgrave Road, Dresden. Photographed by William Blake.

Street scene taken at Belgrave Road, Dresden, Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire. This is one of many street scenes in the Blake Collection. Most of them were taken in the Normacot and Dresden areas near ...

Biddulph Old Hall Entrance. Photographed by William Blake.

View of the entrance to Biddulph Old Hall, Nr. Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire.

Bourne Chapel, Longton. Photographed by William Blake.

Church exterior taken at Bourne Chapel, Longton, Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire.

Caroline Street Congregational Church, Longton. Photographed by William Blake.

Church interior taken at the Congregational Church, Caroline Street, Longton, Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire. It was also known as the Independent Chapel and was built in 1819.

Central Hall, Longton. Photographed by William Blake.

The Easter celebration decorations at Central Hall, Longton, Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire.

Church of the Resurrection, Dresden. Photographed by William Blake.

Church exterior with a view of the Church of the Resurrection at Red Bank, Dresden, Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire. This is one of many street scenes in the Blake Collection. Most of them were taken ...

Deep Pit from Broom Street, Hanley

Looking northwards from Broom Street towards Shelton Collieries Deep Pit winding gear and spoil tips. The photograph was taken from near the junction with Plough Street. On then left is the site of Broom ...

Freemason's Hall, Waterloo Road, Burslem

Ther Freemason's Hall building stands on the west side of Waterloo Road, just south of Cleveland Street. The building next door to the right was the Palladium Cinema, originally the Burslem Cinema Theatre, ...

Hanford Institute and Library, Wilson Road, Hanford

Hanford Institute and Library was on the south side of Wilson Road nearly opposite the junction with Niall Road. The library was built in 1955. To the left, the off licence, is now a private house and ...

Hartshill Institute, Hartshill Road, Stoke

This plan is of the Hartshill Institute. An article in The Staffordshire Sentinel and Midlands Counties Advertiser of Saturday, January 15, 1859 reports on the official opening of the building. Its ...

Longton Town Hall. Photographed by William Blake

A view of the town hall at Longton's Times Square, Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire. This was Longton's second town hall and was built in 1863.

Norton and Ball Green Community Centre, Stoke-on-Trent

The Community Centre is on St Nicholas Avenue. In the 1960s Stoke on Trent Council had a policy of building community centres and the Norton centre was one of the first, opening in 1962.

St. Michael's Hall, Stone. Photographed by William Blake.

View of St. Michael's Hall, Lichfield Road.

Sutton Estate Institute, Trent Vale

The Institute was part of the Sutton Dwellings Trust estate built in Trent Vale in the late 1920s. The building was on land in between Sutton Drive, Collin Road and Harpfield Road. This photograph is ...

Weston Coyney Hall. Photographed by William Blake.

Weston Coyney Hall, Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire.

1