Theme Explorer

Page 1 of 3 50 Records Found

Adams Street, Milton, Stoke-on-Trent

This is a view north along Adams Street from Newleigh Street (once New Street) in Milton. Millrise Road is at the top, with the line of trees. The large building (right) at the corner of Adams Street ...

Assembly Hall, Chamberlain Avenue, Stoke on trent

The photograph was taken on the corner of London Road and Chamberlain Avenue, Stoke on Trent. In 1912 a group of unsectarian Christians set up an Assembly Hall in Welch Street in Stoke upon Trent, and ...

Belgrave Road Congregational Chapel, Dresden

A new chapel was erected in Belgrave Road in 1885, replaced by the building in this photograph in 1906. The membership was 25 in 1957 and the chapel then seated 450. It has since been demolished.

Bethesda New Connexion Chapel, Albion Street, Hanley

This building dates from 1819 and the frontage from 1859. The land upon which Bethesda stands was first purchased in 1791, as a direct response to the emergence of the New Connexion and the need to make ...

Bethesda New Connexion Methodist Chapel, Albion Street, Hanley

Bethesda Chapel is an example of a large 19th-century town chapel. The building, which dates largely from 1819, was constructed by newly emerging the Methodist New Connexion on the site of an earlier ...

Bethesda Schoolrooms, Hanley

The photograph shows the western end of Alexander House, the former Methodist Sunday School of the neighbouring Bethesda Chapel. The gable end has a tablet in the pediment "Bethesda School, erected MDCCCXIX ...

Caroline Street and the Congregational Chapel, Longton

A view east along Caroline Street towards Longton railway bridge and Longton Town Hall.. At the far end, on the right, is the sign for the Belstaff clothing factory. A Congregational Chapel (also known ...

Caroline Street Congregational Chapel, Longton

Photograph taken from parking ground. It was also known as the Independent Chapel and was built in 1819.

Chapel, Alexandra Road, Longton

Alexandra Road chapel, formerly a primitive Methodist church, joined with Christ Church to become United Christ Church with a membership of 142 in 1948.

Cobridge Providence Chapel, Stoke-on-Trent

The Providence Chapel was part of the Methodist New Connexion and the chapel stood on the corner of Elder Road and Grange Street. Originally built in 1822, the chapel was rebuilt twice in 1884 and 1940 ...

Congregational Chapel, Millrise Road, Milton, Stoke-on-Trent

View west along Millrise Road (originally Market Street) from Leek Road/Baddeley Green Road (A5009) corner. The large building on the left was Millrise Congregational Chapel, later used as a Free Gospel ...

Fegg Hayes Methodist Church, Stoke-on-Trent

Fegg Hayes Methodist Church stood on the corner of Fegg Hayes Road (formerly North Parade) and Oxford Road. it was opened in 1874 and originally known as the North Parade Wesleyan Chapel. The church ...

Fegg Hayes Primitive Methodist Chapel, Stoke-on-Trent

Fegg Hayes Primitive Methodist Chapel stood at the corner of East Terrace and Fegg Hayes Road. Also known as the Lear Memorial Chapel, the building dates from 1882 although later extended. The red brick ...

Fegg Hayes Road and Chatterley Whitfield Colliery, Stoke-on-Trent

Looking east along Fegg Hayes Road towards Chatterley Whitfield Colliery. Oxford Road is at the end. Fegg Hayes Road was originally called North Parade. On the right edge is the entrance to the Lear ...

Fisher Street and Outclough Road, Brindley Ford, Stoke-on-Trent

The junction of Fisher Street (left) with the main Outclough Road (right) in Brindley Ford. The camera is looking north. Going off to the right is Finch Street (formerly Chapel Street). There are typical ...

Gospel Hall, Stoke upon Trent

The Gospel Hall at the junction of City Road and Whieldon Road was built in 1896 as a Catholic Apostolic Church. The brick and stone building had become the Gospel Hall by 1958. The hall was demolished ...

Hall Street, Burslem

View south along Hall Street from Westport Road towards St Paul's churchyard at the bottom of the hill. The tower on the left belongs to the Roman Catholic Church of St. Joseph, a Grade II listed building. ...

Hanley Salvation Army Citadel, Glass Street, Hanley

The Salvation Army Citadel stands in Glass Street in Hanley. Opened in 1903, this building is the third of the Salvation Army's Hanley places of worship. The buildings closer to the camera belonged to ...