Theme Explorer

Page 1 of 5 81 Records Found

Arches in Stoke-on-Trent Churchyard

This view of St. Peter's Church, Stoke-on-Trent is from Church Street. The arches in the foreground are the ruins of a Saxon and a later twelfth century church. The remains of the medieval church were ...

Barker Street , Longton

Photograph taken looking towards the north-west. St. James's Church is visible. St. James the Less Church on Uttoxeter Road, Longton. A Commissioners' Church built in 1832-34 to designs by T. Johnson ...

Barlow Street, Longton

Photograph taken from Sutherland Road, with St. James's church in the background.

Belgrave Road, Normacot

Photograph taken looking east along Belgrave Road towards the Church of Holy Evangelist, from a point close to the junction with Argyle Road. The Church of Holy Evangelists was built in 1847. It was ...

Bethesda Chapel, Hanley

This is an interior photograph of Bethesda Chapel taken in April 1949. The people standing on the balcony, in the top right corner of the photograph, are the choir. Built in 1819, Bethesda Chapel is an ...

Bottle ovens from Adkins Street, Burslem

The photograph was taken from the rear of Adkins Street and shows the ovens of the Britannia Pottery of A G Richardson. The square building on the left hand edge, with the square chimney in the centre ...

Burslem from St Paul's Churchyard

The camera is looking eastwards from St Paul's Churchyard towards the centre of Burslem. Hall Street runs away from the centre of the picture towards the tower of St Joseph's Catholic Church. The cluster ...

Church Lane, Hanford

The view east along Church Lane from the bend just before St Matthias' Church (on the left). Behind the bushes on the left is the churchyard. The cluster of houses on the right remain much the same. Standing ...

Church of St Matthias, Hanford

The east and south sides of the Anglican Church, St Matthias from Church Lane, Hanford. The present brick built church, a grade II listed building, was built and rebuilt between 1862 and 1868. A small ...

Church of St Paul, Edensor, Longton

Photograph of the old church on Edensor Road taken from near the vicarage. The church was opened in 1854, but was replaced by a new church on Longton Road in 1940.

Church of the Holy Evangelists, Normacot

Photograph taken on Easter Monday, 1917, after a snowfall. The Holy Evangelists Church was built on the south side of Upper Belgrave Road as a chapel of ease for Blurton Church in 1847. It was designed ...

Church of the Holy Evangelists, Normacot

The Holy Evangelists Church was built on the south side of Upper Belgrave Road as a chapel of ease for Blurton Church in 1847. It was designed by George Gilbert Scott and paid for by the Duke of Sutherland. ...

Church of the Holy Trinity, Hartshill Road, Hartshill

This plan is of the Church of the Holy Trinity in Hartshill Road, Stoke. It was dedicated in 1842 and is another example of gothic architecture (like St.Peter's Church in Stoke). The building is now Grade ...

Cutting the first sod of the new St. Paul's church, Edensor, Longton.

Vicar Lane has just cut the first sod. The old church was opened in 1854, but was replaced by a new church on Longton Road in 1940.

Cutting the first sod of the new St. Paul's church, Edensor, Longton.

Vicar Lane has just cut the first sod. The old church was opened in 1854, but was replaced by a new church on Longton Road in 1940.

Dilhorne Church and churchyard from the south

The Church of All Saints has one of the few octagonal towers in the country. The lower part of the tower is early 13th century and Perpendicular above. the rest of the church is late 13th century, with ...

East Vale, Meir

The Crown & Anchor public house, Wood Street and St. Johns' Church can all be seen.

Hartshill from North Street, Stoke-on-Trent

This is a view southwards from the floor of the Fowlea Brook valley and North Street towards Holy Trinity Church, Hartshill. The line of houses running across in front of the church is Minton Street, ...