Latest Additions To The Site

Page 9 of 56 1000 Records Found

The courtyard of Steventon & Sons Pottery, Burslem

John Steventon produced earthenware at the Royal Pottery, on Steventon Place, off Market Place in Burslem from 1923. The company goes back to the 1890s and the site was a pottery in the 1800s. This ...

Malthouse Road, Bucknall

This photograph was taken from the corner of Ruxley Road looking southwards along Malthouse Road. On the corner is Malthouse County Infants' School and Library, opened in 1877 but now demolished. In ...

Longton from Meir Hay Fields

This photograph was taken from what was called Meir Hay fields, looking westwards towards Longton with the tower of St James' church on the skyline in the centre. This part of Longton was thought to have ...

Hanley High School and the Causley Brook, Hanley

In the foreground is the valley of the Causley Brook with the relocated Hanley High School buildings in the background. Opened in 1952 the school was on Corneville Road. The buildings have been demolished. This ...

Fenton Manor marlpit, Fenton

This photograph was taken looking southwest over the marl pit towards Boothen. On the extreme right hand edge of the photograph are two of the floodlight pylons at the old Stoke City Victoria ground. ...

Demolition of a bottle oven, Longton

The partly demolished oven on the left was in Sandgate Street (formerly Gate Street) in Longton. Sandgate Street runs north off Uttoxeter road towards the railway line. The oven was probably part of the ...

Cromer Road Destructor Works, Hanley

The Stoke on Trent City refuse destructor works was on Cromer Road, sandwiched between it and the Caldon Canal in the Northwood area. Household waste was burned in incinerators. Sometimes the destructor ...

Hanley High School, Bucknall

A photograph of the south side of Hanley high School on Corneville Road in Bucknall. Originally a coeducational school in the centre of Hanley, a new boys grammar school was built Bucknall in 1952. This ...

Rosina China and Adderley Floral China Potteries, Sutherland Road, Longton

These two potteries were on Sutherland Road in Longton. On the left is the Ridgway Potteries Ltd Adderley Floral China Works, the stack ovens of which are visible behind the second works, the Rosina ...

Park Hall and Weston Coyney from Sutherland Road, Longton

An elevated view over Adderley Floral China and the Rosina China Works on Sutherland Road. The photograph was probably taken from the Bluebell Pottery on Barker Street, on the higher ground to the south ...

Paragon China Works, Longton

Paragon China Works on Sutherland Road. The works were operated by Aynsley & Irving from 1897, and was initially called Star China. They specialised in breakfast and tea bone china ware exporting to Australia, ...

John Aynsley's works, Sutherland Road, Longton

The front of John Aynsley's Portland Pottery Works on Sutherland Road in Longton. Built in 1861 in the classic style of its time with an arched entrance a Venetian style window and gable above. This is ...

Aynsley China's Sydney Works, Longton

This photograph was taken looking east from the corner of Bridgwood Street and Sutherland Road. On the right hand side is Aynsley's Sydney Works. This is part of what is known as Aynsley's Northern Range ...

Anchor Works, Longton

The Anchor Works stood at the junction of Anchor Road, Sutherland Road and Market Street. The Anchor works mustn't be confused with the nearby "British Anchor Pottery" on Anchor Road. These works date ...

Anchor Road Bowling Club, Longton

Anchor Road Bowling Club green in Sandford Hill. The green was created on the site of abandoned mine shafts and spoil tips along side Anchor Road. The pavilion is off to the right behind the two members ...

East Vale, Longton

Looking west towards the East Vale area of Longton. The railway line is the Stoke to Derby branch. St John's Church in Longton is close to the railway in the distance. The line of coal wagons are on ...

Longton Railway Station and Bridge

This photograph was taken from Times Square, looking towards Longton railway Station and the bridge over King Street. The station was built on an embankment with a cantilever bridge carrying the line ...

Longton Station

The Phoenix Pottery Works seen from the platform of Longton Station, looking west towards Fenton. Phoenix Pottery was operated by Thomas Forester, specialising in majolica, from the 1880s. The chimney ...