Theme Explorer

Page 8 of 9 153 Records Found

St Thomas Aquinas School, Knowl Street, Stoke-on-Trent

On the left is St Thomas Aquinas Roman Catholic Junior School in Knowl Street in Stoke. To the right is part of the senior school with the science block. The junior school occupied then original St Peter's ...

St. Dominic's School, Hartshill Road, Stoke

This two storey school building dates back to before 1832. It has a large drive and surrounding gardens. Some windows and doors have been modified and various later buildings have been attached. It stands ...

St. Gregory's School, Longton

The winners of the Swimming Shield. With the boys are the Headmaster, Mr. Cummings, and the teacher, Oswald Garrett. St. Gregory's Roman Catholic School was opened in 1852 on Cemetery Road (later ...

St. John's C of E School, off Cross Hill, Burslem

This school was built between 1878 and 1900. The front is obscured by a modern extension.

St. John's National School, Longton

St. John's National Church was built in the churchyard of St. John's Church in in 1822, and opened around 1825. It closed some time between 1859 and 1872 and was then occupied by a private school run ...

St. Paul's Junior School, St Paul's Street/Ellgreave street, Middleport

This school's plan comprises of three sections: the central, main section of the building has an L-shaped plan, three rooms deep by two rooms wide. This has a small, one storey projection on the east ...

St.James National School, Webberley Lane, Longton, Stoke-on-Trent

This plan is of St.James National School in Longton. The school was built in 1836 next to the church of St.James the Less on land donated by the Duke of Sutherland. Around 100 children attended the school ...

Sutherland Infants' and Junior School, Beaconsfield Drive, Blurton

The Sutherland primary schools were opened in 1954 on Beaconsfield Drive in Blurton. This is now Sutherland Primary academy on the same site with many of the original building. In the photograph, the ...

The demolition of Hanley High School.

Hanley Higher Grade School was opened in 1893, renamed Hanley Municipal Secondary School in 1905 becoming Hanley High School in 1924. the school became a "boys only grammar school" in 1938 when the girls ...

The Globe Inn and High Street, Tunstall

The Globe Inn stands on the corner of High Street and Ladywell Road (left). On the other side is Lambert Street with Highgate Secondary Modern School on the corner. Further up High Street, the large building ...

The Mount School, Penkhull

The Mount was built by Josiah Spode II around 1803-04. At this time Josiah Spode was the most successful china manufacturer in the area and he bought 17 acres of farmland between Penkhull and Hartshill ...

The Mount, Penkhull

This is the original west facing front of the Mount, built by Josiah Spode II, around 1803. The rectangular stone and brick building had the semi-circular entrance way, with a sky light in the dome above. ...

The Mount, Penkhull

This is a view of the northern end of The Mount, between Penkhull and Hartshill. The buildings were originally the domestic quarters of Josiah Spode's 1803 mansion. The building became the North Staffordshire ...

The Mount, Penkhull

This photograph shows the west front and main entrance to The Mount, a mansion built by Josiah Spode II. The house was built on the site of an old farmhouse between Penkhull and Hartshill around 1803-04 ...

The Old School, Brindley Ford, Stoke-on-Trent

Brindley Ford First School on the A527 (Outclough Road). The tablet on then centre gable reads Wolstanton School Board AD1885. The school as closed in the 1980s but the building (now called The Old School) ...

The site of the old Victoria Colliery, Bucknall

This photograph was taken from the end of Hyndley close looking east towards Willeton Street and Malthouse Lane. In the foreground are twop rows of back to back council built garages, erected in the 1950s. ...

The view from near Mill Hill in Little Chell Lane, Little Chell

The camera is looking northwards from near the top of Little Chell Lane. In the foreground is Blessed William Southerne Roman Catholic Secondary School, opened in 1957. This became St Margaret Ward ...

The Village Cross, Sheen. Photographed by William Blake.

Sheen village cross dates from the 15th century but only the top stone of the base appears to be old. The village school can be seen behind.