Theme Explorer

Start Again > Buildings, Architecture, Monuments > Aerial Views & Townscapes
Page 8 of 8 135 Records Found

Towards Chesterton and Parkhouse from Little Chell Lane, Little Chell

The view south westerly from the top of Little Chell Lane. On the left hand edge is the tower of Tunstall Roman Catholic Church (Church of the Sacred Heart) on Queens Avenue, with its copper domed roof....

Tower and Clouds, Blackpool. Photographed by William Blake.

Seafront with a view of Blackpool Tower, Lancashire.

Trentham. Photographed by William Blake.

Winter village scene taken at Trentham, Nr. Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire. Trentham Hall can be seen in the background. The original hall was erected in the 1630s for the Duke of Sutherland. It was ...

View of Longton

Townscape overlooking Longton, Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire. Photographed by William Blake.

View of the Potteries

Lantern slide containing a copy of one of Blake's postcards. The card shows a smoke filled industrial landscape taken in the Potteries with the commentary "O beautiful my country." Photographed by William ...

View of the Potteries from Stoke-on-Trent

A view south east from open ground near the top of Sturgess Street in Stoke-on-Trent. The roof in the centre foreground behind the trees belongs to the main range of Falcon Pottery Works, built 1902-1905. ...

View over Longton

The Longton skyline with St James' Church tower on the left and, less clear, St John's Church tower near the right edge. This photograph was taken looking westwards from Weston Coyney Road near Park Hall ...

View over Longton from Ashwood area.

A view almost due south from Ashwood towards the centre of Longton with the tower of St James The Less church in the centre of the photograph. Longton town centre lies to the right. Immediately to the ...

Wedgwood at Etruria. Aerial view.

Josiah Wedgwood’s factory at Etruria was officially opened in 1769, a year after it was completed. Situated on a large site on the outskirts of Hanley it had the advantage of being on the banks ...