Latest Additions To The Site

Page 7 of 56 1000 Records Found

Boughey Street, Stokeon-Trent

Looking up Boughey Street from its junction with London Road. At the top is Liddle Street and behind, the houses on Hunters Way. Boughey Street was first laid out in the 1880s, with just then first few ...

Blessed William Southerne School, Pittshill, Tunstall

Blessed William Southerne County Secondary School was opened in 1957 on Little Chell Lane. In 1980 the school was renamed St Margaret Ward's Catholic School. It is now an academy.

The Workshop for the Blind, City Road, Fenton

The Workshops for the Blind stood back off the north side of City Road between Standard Street and Elsing Street. The main building and the detached house (Sanderson House) on the right still stand. Travers ...

Market Street, Fenton

The camera is looking west along what was Market Street towards Victoria Square in Fenton. Market Street, with some modification, has become King Street. The properties on both sides of the road have ...

Beardmore's old pottery, City Road, Fenton

This photograph was taken looking westwards from close to the corner of Fountain Street and City Road. On the left is Frank Beardmore's old Sutherland Pottery, dating from 1901, although the works had ...

The gates to Fenton Manor

These are the gates at the entrance lodge to the old Fenton Manor House. They stood at the end of the drive which lead from City Road and stood roughly where the present road to Fenton Manor Sports Centre ...

Fenton Library

Some of the book stacks inside Fenton Library which was on Baker Street, at the corner of Glebedale Road. Financed with £5,000 from the Andrew Carnegie Trust, the library opened in 1906 with over 2,000 ...

Fenton Library

Bert Bentley entitled this as "A satisfied client". Inside Fenton Public Library on Baker Street, at the corner of Glebedale Road. The building dates from 1906 and was one of the libraries built with ...

Fenton Library

In the entrance hall alcove was this wall painting: "Read that you may learn". The library was one of over 600 free public libraries built in the UK with money from the Andrew Carnegie Trust. Andrew Carnegie ...

City Road, Fenton

This was the view from the corner of City road and Glebedale Road (previously Station Road) towards the junction at Victoria Square in Fenton in the 1960s. On the right is the entrance to Fenton Vicarage, ...

City Road, Fenton

Looking east along City Road from the corner of Manor Street. Christchurch Street is coming in on the right. The building on the right hand edge is the old Royal Oak public house, now demolished. In ...

City Road, Fenton

This photograph was taken from the City Road bridge over the Biddulph and Leek branch railway line. To the is left the marshalling yard and shed at Stoke Junction. The railings on the right mark the edge ...

City Road, Fenton

This photograph was taken from the corner of Standard Street and City Road, looking westwards towards Stoke. On the extreme right hand edge is the Newtown public house (then Newtown House). On the left ...

City Road from Manor Street, Fenton

The camera is looking westwards along City Road from Manor Street. The white building in the centre of the photograph is the Terrace Inn. On the right, the parade of shops date from around 1880 and belonged ...

Waterside Drive, Blurton

This photograph is looking southwest along Waterside Drive from the junction with Barlaston Road. Just off to the left is The Cuckoo Inn and beyond the entrance on the left is the corner of Zetland Place. ...

Toll Gate House, Trentham Road, Blurton

The old tollgate house stood at the corner of Barlaston Road and Trentham Road. Demolished with widening of the junction and Trentham Road in the mid 1960s, the name lives on in the Toll Gate hotel opposite, ...

The Royal Oak Inn, Fenton

Standing on the corner of Christchurch Street (previously Church Street) and City Road in Fenton, the original public house dates back to at least 1810. The building in the photograph was demolished and ...

The Good Shpherd Roman Catholic Church, Blurton

The Good Shepherd Church stands on the corner of Shepley Grove and Waterside Drive in Blurton. Under construction when the photograph was taken, it opened in 1964.