Theme Explorer

Page 7 of 9 153 Records Found

School Lane, Longton

Looking north-east along School Lane (later Webberley Lane) to St. James's Church. Longton Church of England School, built in 1836, is on the left.

School, Shirley Street, Longport

This two storey building was originally constucted as a school between 1878 and 1900. It is three rooms wide by four rooms deep and is currently used as business premises. On the side of the building ...

School, Trent Valley, Stoke

This large, two storey school was constructed between 1832 and 1848. Features include decorative stonework. Modern extensions have been added to the side and rear of the building.

Senior pupils in fancy dress, Normacot

Probably Normacot C.E. Junior School, Meir Road, Normacot. The school opened in 1853, with new buildings in 1876, and a new infants' school in 1895. All the new buildings were demolished in about ...

Senior pupils in fancy dress, Normacot

Probably Normacot C.E. Junior School, Meir Road, Normacot. The school opened in 1853, with new buildings in 1876, and a new infants' school in 1895. All the new buildings were demolished in about ...

Smallthorne Infant School, Sparrow Street

The datestone in this school says that it was constructed in 1878. It is a single storey building with a central rear wing which adjoins the assembly hall. There are several modern structures built on ...

Smallthorne Middle School, Sparrow Street

This photograph shows the front of Smallthorne Middle school in Burslem, which is north-east facing. It was constructed between 1878 and 1924. The rear of the building adjoins the central assembly hall ...

Sneyd Green Board School, Sneyd Street, Cobridge

This plan is of the boarding school on Sneyd Street in Cobridge. Top diagram - front of the school Large diagram - left hand side is the infants school with the head teacher's room, a cloakroom, 4 classrooms ...

Sneyd Green First School, Sneyd Street, Burslem

Sneyd Green First School was constructed in 1899 and opened in 1901. Building the school It was built by J.J. Longden to designs by Wood and Hutchings, architects to Burslem School Board. It ...

Sneyd Green First School, Sneyd Street, Burslem

This Victorian school building was erected in 1899. The main part of the one-storey building is rectangular in shape, five rooms wide by two rooms deep. In the centre of the roof's slope is a cupola-style ...

Springfields County School, Wheatly Avenue, Stoke-on-Trent

These post-war buildings were the site of Springfields County Junior School. The photohgraph is taken from, the Wheatly Avenue entrance. Now demolished, the land is part of St John's Church of England ...

Springfields Schools from the A34, Stoke-on-Trent

This is a view looking eastwards from the car park of the Springfields Hotel (now The Orange Tree) towards the Springfields Schools. The A34 (Newcastle Road) runs across the photograph in the foreground. ...

St Dominic's School, Hartshill

The building in the middle of the photograph was originally "Cliffeville" a house built by a local solicitor, John Tomlinson, in 1810. In the 1920s it was bought by the nuns of the neighbouring Dominican ...

St John's Junior School, Goldenhill, Stoke-on-Trent

The side of St John's Church of England Junior School on High Street in Goldenhill. The photograph was taken from the church alongside the school. The school was opened at the same time as St John's Church, ...

St Joseph's College, Stoke-on-Trent

The main entrance from London Road on the north side of St Joseph's College, a school founded by the Christian Brothers in 1932. These buildings date from 1936. Originally a boys' grammar school, the ...

St Peter's Church School, Stoke-on-Trent

The tablet over the window reads "NATIONAL SCHOOL erected and supported by VOLUNTARY CONTRIBUTIONS 1815". The school benefitted also from a £3000 endowment from J C Woodhouse, Dean of Lichfield and former ...

St Peter's Church School, Stoke-on-Trent

St Peter's Church of England Junior and Infants school stood in the south eastern corner of Stoke Minster churchyard, just off Wharf Street (now Brook Street). Opened in 1815, the school was reorganised ...

St Peter's School, Boothen Old Road, Stoke-on-Trent

St Peter's Secondary Boys' School opened in 1932 using the buildings of the old Central National School. The Central National School had opened in 1905 and had taken boys from St Peter's Church of England ...