Latest Additions To The Site

Page 6 of 56 1000 Records Found

Potworks around St James' Church in Longton.

This photograph was taken from the corner of Lloyd Street and Warren Street looking north towards St James' church tower. The houses on the left edge are in Beaufort Road. The cluster of bottle ovens ...

Phoenix Works, King Street, Longton

In the centre is the Phoenix Works on King Street in Longton. This photograph was taken from outside Wagstaff & Brunt's old Richmond Pottery, with Longton Railway Bridge just visible in the far distance. ...

J T Fell's Pottery, Smithy Lane, Longton

This photograph was taken looking across St Martin's Lane (no longer named) towards the top of Smithy Lane in Longton. Smithy Lane runs between J T Fell Pottery on the left and Allin & Williams, wholesale ...

Edensor Old Church, Longton

This is the east end of Edensor old church. The church and surrounding graveyard was founded in 1854. At the time of the photograph it had been deconsecrated and was used as a warehouse. The church was ...

Ceramics works, Normacot Road, Longton

The building on the left was the offices of Shaw & Copestake Ltd., the producers of fancy earthenware with the Sylvac mark. They had factories nearby on Normacot Road and Chadwick Street. The building ...

Campbell Place, Stoke-on-Trent

This photograph was taken on the corner of Hide Street looking north towards Church Street. The F W Woolworth's store is on the site of then old Majestic Cinema which closed in 1957. This side is the ...

Bucknall Workingmen's Club, Marychurch Road, Bucknall

Bucknall Workingmen's Club and Institute was on Marychurch Road, just south of St Mary's Church. Today the land is modern housing. The club was built on the site of Grove House. Bert Bentley notes that ...

Minton's factory, London Road, Stoke-on-Trent

Looking south along London Road with the Minton factory on the left and partly hidden by the lamppost, the old Stoke School of Art. The original part of the Minton factory is just beyond the "new" addition ...

Cyples Lane and Noon's Court, Longton

Looking along Cyples Lane in Longton. At the bottom of the passage is Market Street, the Heathcote Arms Hotel is the building just visible. On the left edge, the classical looking building is the old ...

Minton's Old Factory, London Road, Stoke upon Trent

A view north along London Road towards the centre of Stoke with Minton's Old Factory on the right. Minton had a factory on this site from the 1790s until closure in 2002. Supermarkets now occupy the site. ...

Swan Square, Burslem

Swan Square in Burslem from Market Place. Waterloo Road carries on mistily from Swan Square towards Cobridge and Hanley. Moorland Road is off to the left. The two large buildings on the left are the ...

Lockett's Lane, Longton.

Lockett's Lane runs between Uttoxter Road and Normacot Road at the east end of Longton. This photograph was taken looking southwards from teh corner of Uttoxeter Road. The bottle oven on the right stood ...

St Gregory's Church, Longton.

The demolition of St Gregory's Roman Catholic Church in Longton in 1968. The photograph shows the remains of the large rose window at the west end of the church which stood on Heathcote Road, opposite ...

Bowling Greens, Bucknall Park

Bucknall Park lies between Heath House Lane and the River Trent, just north of Finney Gardens. The park dates back to 1956 when nearly 17 acres of land was laid out with sports facilities, a pavilion ...

Trent Terrace on Leek Road, Bucknall

Looking south along Leek Road from close to the entrance to Heath House Lane, on the left. The row of houses was known as Trent Terrace, the River Trent is just off then photograph to the right. At the ...

The site of the old Victoria Colliery, Bucknall

This photograph was taken from the end of Hyndley close looking east towards Willeton Street and Malthouse Lane. In the foreground are twop rows of back to back council built garages, erected in the 1950s. ...

Palissy Pottery, Longton

Palissy Pottery was on Chancery Lane in Longton, which runs across the middle of the photograph. The large building on the left hand edge is the back of the Empire Theatre which fronted onto Commerce ...

Normacot Road, Longton

In the centre of the photograph are the backs of the works on Bagnall Street, the road going off to the left. On the corner stands the old American Hotel. Off to the left in the foreground is the old ...