Theme Explorer

Page 6 of 9 153 Records Found

Northwood C of E Junior and Infants school, Hanley

Northwood Church of England Schools at the junction of Lower Mayer Street and Keelings Road (previously Keelings Lane). These were infants and junior schools opened originally in 1858-59. They were rebuilt ...

Oakhill Infants' and Junior School, Rookery Lane, Stoke-on-Trent

The Oakhill Primary Schools were opened in 1953. These wooden classroom buildings have been demolished and a new Primary School built.

Old Zion Chapel schoolroom, Longton

The schoolroom stood close to Lockett's factory. Photograph taken from by the Empire Theatre.

Oliver Road and the old St Peter's School, Penkhull

Looking east along Oliver Road from just off Hilton Road. In the background are the recent buildings of St Peter's School, which was on Queen's Road in Penkhull. The school has closed and the site occupied ...

Penkhull Church School, Penkhull

The Church School in Penkhull stood at the top of Trentham Road (now Trent Valley Road), just south of the church. It was known as St Thomas's School in the 1880s. Originally opened as a mixed National ...

Penkhull First School, Princes Road, Stoke

Penkhull First School was constructed in 1896. This school has a bell tower with decorated stone carvings around the top and a pyramidical roof.

Primary and Secondary Modern Schools, Bradeley, Stoke-on-Trent

The photograph shows Bradeley County Secondary School and Bradeley County Infants School on Chell Heath Road. The mixed infants school was opened in 1900 and reorganised into an infants and secondary ...

Queen Street Schools, Fenton

Queen Street is today Burnham Street. These buildings were at the top of the street, at the junction with Brocksford Street. The photograph is looking east along Brocksford Street with the rear of the ...

Queen Street Schools, Fenton.

Today Queen Street is called Burnham Street and runs northwards off King Street in Fenton. The school was at the top of the street at the junction with Brocksford Street. The buildings have been demolished ...

Queensberry Road School, Longton

Photograph taken looking west. Built in 1898 as Queensbury Road Council School. In 1901-2 the school was reorganised to become Queensbury Road Central School, a Higher Elementary School. The school ...

Samuel Street County Junior and Infants School, Packmoor, Stoke-on-Trent

The School lay behind Samuel Street in Packmoor. The original School dated from 1947. The area today is served by Ormiston Academy.

Sandon High School,Sandon Road, Meir

The entrance to Sandon High School which was on Sandon Road. The original buildings have been replaced with a modern school, now (2017) Sandon Meridian Academy.

Sandon High School. Photographed by William Blake.

Sandon High School exterior taken from the Meir and Sandon Road, Longton, Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire.

Sandon High School. Photographed by William Blake.

Sandon High School exterior taken from the Meir and Sandon Road, Longton, Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire.

Sandon High School. Photographed by William Blake.

Sandon High School exterior taken from the Meir and Sandon Road, Longton, Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire.

School block, Stoke workhouse, Newcastle Road, Stoke-on-Trent

This plan is of the new school block at Stoke workhouse which was built between 1866 and 1868. The school accomodated about 250 students and was open until around 1899 when it was decided that the children ...

School block, Stoke workhouse, Newcastle Road, Stoke-on-Trent

This plan is of the school block of Stoke workhouse. The block was constructed in 1842 at the smae time as the hospital. Workhouses began in the 17th and 18th centuries as places where the poor worked ...

School Lane, Longton

Looking north-east along School Lane (later Webberley Lane) to St. James's Church. Longton Church of England School, built in 1836, is on the left.