Latest Additions To The Site

Page 56 of 56 1000 Records Found

Burslem Town Hall

The eastern end of the old Town Hall in Burslem and, in front, the gardens that were laid out in the 1960s. This part of the old Market Square used to be the site of the Market Hall and after the gardens, ...

Burnwood School, Burslem

The view east from Burslem Golf Course towards Ball Green. In the foreground is Burnwood School. In the distance are the buildings of Ball Green Primary School. On the left is the spoil tip of Chatterley ...

Three bottle ovens at Acme Marls, Burslem

Seen from Cross Hill, the three buildings are all that remain of the Acme Marls site in Burslem. Built between 1937 and 1947, they are free standing circular hovels surrounding downdraught ovens. They ...

The Foaming Quart, Greenhead Street, Burslem

The foaming Quart public house stood at the junction of Greenhead Street (straight ahead) and Overhouse Street (to the left) in Burslem. The public house appears on maps in the mid 19th century and was ...

St Paul's Church, Burslem

The photograph shows the west face of St Paul's Church from Ellgreave Street. The church stood in Church Square, on the border of Burslem, Dalehall and Longport. Opened in 1830, it was a large stone Gothic ...

Sneyd Cricket Club ground, Burslem

Looking over the outfield of Sneyd Cricket Club towards the pavilion with Burslem in the far distance. Sneyd Colliery tip is immediately behind the camera. Sneyd CC played in the North Staffs and South ...

Sneyd Brickworks fireclay pit near Bycars Lane, Burslem

Looking south east over the fireclay pit, and what is today Bycars Lane, towards Vale Park. The area in the foreground has been infilled and is now pitches and sports facilities. The fireclay dug out ...

Sneyd Brickworks Company's fireclay pit, Burslem

The fireclay pit was north of Bycars Lane. This photograph was taken at the north of the pit, just south of Haywood Road. The Etruria Marl from this pit was used to make firebricks, although Sneyd Brickworks ...

Smallthorne Pioneer Club and Institute, Stoke-on-Trent

Smallthorne Pioneer Club and Institute at 162 Ford Green Road in Smallthorne. This is reputed to be the earliest Working Men's Club in the City (according to Bert Bentley). The club was on the corner ...

Port Vale Football Ground, Burslem

The view south west from Dolly's Lane across the allotments towards Vale Park. Port Vale opened this ground in 1950. The two stands are Bycars Road nearest the camera and the Railway Stand behind, opened ...