Latest Additions To The Site

Page 55 of 56 1000 Records Found

Level crossing on the Birches Head Road, Stoke-on-Trent

Level Crossing and crossing house at Birches Head Road on the Biddulph Vlalley/Stoke to Leek branch line. The camera is looking south. Birches Head road was known as Horse Lane until the 1920s. The Caldon ...

Leigh Memorial Methodist Chapel, Leek Road, Milton, Stoke-on-Trent

The chapel was built in memory of Revd. Samuel Leigh, the first Methodist missionary to Australia, In 1865. Now rebuilt, the chapel stood on Leek Road, close to Samuel Leigh's birthplace in Milton. The ...

Leek New Road, Milton, Stoke-on-Trent

Looking north east towards Baddeley Green from the Leek New Road (A53) bridge over the Caldon Canal near Milton. The area to the immediate left of the road is the old shraff (waste) tip belonging to Buller's ...

Congregational Chapel, Millrise Road, Milton, Stoke-on-Trent

View west along Millrise Road (originally Market Street) from Leek Road/Baddeley Green Road (A5009) corner. The large building on the left was Millrise Congregational Chapel, later used as a Free Gospel ...

Birches Head Road, Stoke-on-Trent

The view west along Birches Head Road from just before the Caldon Canal. The parapets of the canal bridge are in the centre of the photograph. Just beyond is the level crossing over the Biddulph Valley/Stoke ...

Bakery, Maunders Road, Milton, Stoke-on-Trent

Number 51 Maunders Road (originally called Market Street) was once a bakery, by 1964 it had been split into a shop and a house and has now been demolished and replaced with modern housing. In the early ...

Milton Station, Stoke-on-Trent

The view north long the railway from the single platform of Milton Station towards the bridge carrying Leek New Road (A53) over the line. This is the old North Staffordshire Railway branch line from Stoke ...

Adams Street, Milton, Stoke-on-Trent

This is a view north along Adams Street from Newleigh Street (once New Street) in Milton. Millrise Road is at the top, with the line of trees. The large building (right) at the corner of Adams Street ...

View from Primrose Hill, Hanford

A view south east from the Primrose Hill area of Hanford. Almost in the centre is the "A frame" head gear and pit head buildings of Hem Heath colliery, now demolished. This is now part of the Trentham ...

Lift bridge on Caldon Canal near Long Butts Farm, Stoke-on-Trent

The lift bridge (bridge number 23) on the Caldon Canal close to Long Butts Farm on Ball Lane, Stockton Brook, Stoke-on-Trent. Sometimes called a drawbridge, this lift bridge is hand operated using a windlass ...

Stockton Brook waterworks and Caldon Canal.

The view west along the Caldon Canal with the Staffordshire Potteries Water Company's Stockton Brook pumping station on the right. A successful trial borehole was drilled in 1882 into the underlying Millstone ...

Caldon Canal at Stockton Brook, Stoke-on-Trent

The lower lock (of five) on the Caldon Canal at Stockton Brook. These locks lift the canal to its summit level. The lock overflow is at the left edge of the photograph and Stockton Brook waterworks is ...

Caldon Canal and waterworks at Stockton Brook

The view north along the Caldon Canal near middle lock at Stockton Brook. To the right is the chimney of Stockton Brook Waterworks. The waterworks were built in 1884 by the Staffordshire Potteries Water ...

Wilson Road, Hanford

Looking southwest along Wilson Road from the Church Lane crossroads. Church Lane is off to the right and Queen Mary Road to the left. The two cottages on the corner have been replaced with modern housing, ...

Trotting cart at Mill Farm, Abbey Hulton

The photograph shows George B (the horse) in a sulky horse racing chariot with the driver, Ann Whieldon. A sulky is a lightweight two-wheeled cart with just a driver's seat. According to Bert Bentley ...

Starland Bingo Hall, Leek Road, Abbey Hulton

The Starland bingo hall on Leek Road opposite Abbots Road, was formerly a cinema. Since 2009 the building has been occupied by Campus City Breathe City Church. Formerly known as The Abbey Cinema, it opened ...

Leek Road, Abbey Hulton

A view south along Leek Road from the corner with Birches Head Road. To the left are the buildings of the now demolished Carmountside Junior High School. This was also the site of the Cistercian Abbey ...

Greasley Road, Abbey Hulton

The present Abbey Hill School under construction in 1964. Built originally as a Special School it is now part of the Special Schools Co-operative Trust. The school occupies a site at the south eastern ...