Latest Additions To The Site

Page 54 of 56 1000 Records Found

Newfields Junction on the Potteries Loop Line, Tunstall

The photograph was taken from the bottom of Machin Street in Tunstall, looking north along the Potteries Loop Line. The single track Newfield mineral branch goes off to the left to Newfield Wharf. The ...

Newfield Wharf, Tunstall

Newfield Wharf was at the end of the Newfield mineral ranch off the Potteries Loop Line. The line ended just north of Adams Avenue and stopped short of High Street. Originally built to carry raw materials ...

Newfield High Street, Tunstall

The camera is looking north along Newfield High Street (A50). Alfred Meakin's Newfield Pottery works in on the right. The square building just beyond Marble Fireplaces is an electricity sub station. Both ...

Newfield branch line in Tunstall

Looking north along the Newfield mineral line branch from the bridge over Furlong Road and the line curves away to the right to end at Newfield Wharf. The houses on the right are on Greenfield Road. Clanway ...

Malpass Street, Tunstall

Looking north along Malpass Street (known as Hall Street until the 1950s) from The Boulevard (formerly Station Road) in Tunstall. This view has completely disappeared with the extension and widening of ...

Lookin north along Newfield High Street, Tunstall

The photograph is taken from just beyond the corner of Cartlich Street looking north towards Sandyford. The view is very different today with the houses on the left replaced by the large roundabout at ...

Jubilee Methodist Memorial School, Paradise Street, Tunstall.

The Jubilee Methodist Memorial School stood on the corner of Paradise Street and Oldcourt Street (formerly Cross Street) in Tunstall. The tablet over the middle windows gives the opening date as 1875. ...

Gordon Works pottery, Pinnox Street, Tunstall

Then Gordon Works was on the north side of Pinnox Street. Built around1885 it was originally operated by Cumberlidge & Humphries, it manufactured earthenware. Later occupied by Gater Hall, from 1915 it ...

Dismantling a bottle oven, Tunstall

This is a view of bottle ovens at Henry Richards (Ceramic Tiles) taken from Pinnox Street. The works faced onto Scotia Road. The oven on the left is being dismantled almost brick by brick.

Coach and Horses Inn, Oldcourt Street, Tunstall

The Coach and Horses Inn is towards the north end of Oldcourt Street, near then junction with Roundwell Street, in Tunstall. To the left, the tall building is the Oldcourt Pottery and behind the inn on ...

Boston Pottery works on Sandyford High Street, Tunstall

Originally owned by the earthenware manufacturers, Knapper & Blackhurst, the Boston Pottery was occupied by Weetman Figures Ltd when the photograph was taken. Later the site was taken over by Old Boston ...

Tunstall Old Brewery in Lascelles Street, Tunstall

The camera is looking along Lascelles Street from the corner of High Street in Tunstall. Lascelles Street was known as Victoria Terrace until the 1950s and was Brewery Street before that. The large ...

Towards Chesterton and Parkhouse from Little Chell Lane, Little Chell

The view south westerly from the top of Little Chell Lane. On the left hand edge is the tower of Tunstall Roman Catholic Church (Church of the Sacred Heart) on Queens Avenue, with its copper domed roof....

The view from near Mill Hill in Little Chell Lane, Little Chell

The camera is looking northwards from near the top of Little Chell Lane. In the foreground is Blessed William Southerne Roman Catholic Secondary School, opened in 1957. This became St Margaret Ward ...

Sandyford from Little Chell Lane, Little Chell

The photograph was taken looking westwards from the top of Little Chell Lane. The panorama includes Sandyford to the right with the, now demolished, spire of Christ Church, Tunstall towards the left edge. ...

Salvation Army Citadel, Tunstall

The Salvation Army Citadel stood on the corner of Ladywell Road (formerly Sneyd Street) and Harewood Street. The building was originally Tunstall's first theatre (The Prince of Wales), opened in 1865. ...

Madison Street, Tunstall

The building in the centre of the photograph is the old Christ Church National School, built in 1839 and enlarged in 1871. It subsequently became the Parish Hall. Madison Street was formerly King Street. ...

Looking towards the west from Little Chell Lane, Little Chell

The camera is pointing northwest from the top of Little Chell Lane. The buildings on the right are William Southerne Catholic Secondary School (now St Margaret Ward Academy) and the houses in the foreground ...