Latest Additions To The Site

Page 53 of 56 1000 Records Found

W J Dolby, Potters' Millers, Lytton Street, Stoke-on-Trent

W J Dolby were potter's millers and merchants who supplied prepared clay, flint and bones to pottery works. The mill was located alongside the Trent & Mersey Canal (to import raw materials) on Lytton ...

Primitive Methodist Chapel, Lonsdale Street, Stoke upon Trent

Lonsdale Primitive Methodist Chapel was opened in 1878, replacing an earlier and smaller chapel in Queen Street. It was located at the corner of Lonsdale Street and Woodhouse Street. It was to perform ...

London Road, Oakhill, Stoke-on-Trent

A view west along London Road at the corner of Trent Valley Road. The Bass sign, on the right, is linked to The Oak Tree public house. At the extreme edge is "outdoor sales", where alcohol was bought ...

Queen's (Coronation) Gardens, London Road, Boothen, Stoke-on-Trent

This view south along London Road shows the line of the now filled in Newcastle under Lyme Canal which linked Newcastle with the Trent & Mersey Canal in Stoke. To the left is Boothen School and the spire ...

Knowl Street, Stoke upon Trent

This is a view north along Knowl Street from close to its junction with Shelton Old Road. The buildings on the left are associated with Our Lady of Lourdes and St Thomas Aquinas Roman Catholic Boys' School ...

Hartshill from North Street, Stoke-on-Trent

This is a view southwards from the floor of the Fowlea Brook valley and North Street towards Holy Trinity Church, Hartshill. The line of houses running across in front of the church is Minton Street, ...

Harding Terrace, Stoke upon Trent

The photograph shows numbers 3, 5 and 7, Harding Terrace in Stoke. The Terrace is at the top of Sheppard Street, on a parallel with the Villas, although there is no through road. The three storey grand ...

Grimwade's Winton Pottery, Stoke Road, Stoke-on-Trent

A view north along Stoke Road from the junction with Station Road. The tall building in the centre is Grimwade's Winton Pottery. The property is in different usage today, but still called Winton House. ...

St Peter's Chambers, Glebe Street, Stoke-on-Trent

On the corner of Kingsway and Glebe Street stood St Peter's Chambers, opposite St Peter's Church (Stoke Minster). Just to the right is the edge of Stoke upon Trent Town Hall, and to the left the line ...

Geen Street, Stoke upon Trent.

The view along Geen Street (formerly St Anne Street) from Hartshill Road. The two corner shop buildings still remain, but the terrace of houses on the left has been cleared and replaced with flats and ...

Gardener's Retreat public house, Boothen, Stoke-on-Trent

The Gardener's Retreat is just off Sideway Road in Boothen. There is a large beer garden area to the front. Parked outside is a three wheeler car. Is it an early example of an invalid car?

Freemantle Road, Oakhill, Stoke-on-Trent

A view north along Freemantle Road from its junction with London Road. Off to the right is a Worthington Brewery tanker delivering to the corner public house, The Oak Tree. To the left, hidden by the ...

Fletcher Road, Boothen, Stoke-on-Trent

A view north along Fletcher Road from its junction with Water Street. Water Street continues off to the left. The houses in both Water Street and Fletcher Road were part of a large council housing estate ...

Fleming Street, Stoke-on-Trent

At the bottom of Fleming Street, formerly South Wolfe Street, are the "new additions" to the Minton Works which front on to London Road. To the right is a "Labour Exchange" building, the original Job ...

Etruria Gas Works, Stoke-on-Trent

A view from North Street towards Etruria gasworks. Etruria gas works opened in 1904 to produce town gas and was owned by the City of Stoke-on-Trent Gas department from 1922 until the industry was nationalised ...

Douglas Avenue, Oakhill, Stoke on Trent

A photograph of the southern end of Douglas Avenue from Trent Valley Road, looking east. The semi-detached local authority houses were built after 1924 but before 1937 on open land north of Oakhill Hall....

Corporation Street, Stoke on Trent

This is a view of the line of the bed of the Newcastle under Lyme Canal where it passes under Corporation Street in Stoke on Trent. The area immediately behind the camera is Yeaman Street park, and to ...

Birches Head Road, Caldon Canal, Abbey Hulton, Stoke on Trent

A view north east across the River Trent valley from the Birches Head Road bridge over the Caldon Canal. The buildings in the right centre were Abbey Farm in the 1960s, now Trent Country Club, with Redhills ...