Latest Additions To The Site

Page 52 of 56 1000 Records Found

Boote's Waterloo Tile Works, Burslem

The derelict workshops of T & R Boote's tile works in Burslem. The company started in Burslem in 1842 and later occupied the Waterloo Pottery, which lay between Waterloo Road and Nile Street, from 1850. ...

Royal Doulton's works, Nile Street, Burslem

Doulton's site in Nile Street, Burslem. The works was taken over by Henry Doulton, moving from Lambeth in London, in 1877. The Nile Street site previously occupied by several potters including the Riley ...

Rear of Ford's Pottery in Packhorse Lane, Burslem

looking along Pack Horse Lane from the Fountain Place area.The bottle oven belongs to Ford's Pottery (Lower Manufactory) on Newcastle Street and the gates in the centre are the original gates to Enoch ...

The Wedgwood Institute, Queen Street, Burslem

This photograph shows the Wedgwood Institute on Queen Street in Burslem. The Institute is built on the site of the Brick House Works operated by Wedgwood from 1763 to 1772 and was opened in April 1869. ...

Queen Street, Burslem

The view west along Queen Street in Burslem, from the junction with Waterloo Road. The Food Fair building used to be the Burslem & District Co-operative Society Emporium, an Art Deco building opened ...

Port Vale Street, Dalehall, Burslem

Port Vale Street runs westwards off Newcastle Street towards the old Port Vale Wharf on the Trent & Mersey Canal in Middleport. This wharf closed in the early 1900s. The photograph shows a mix of derelict ...

PMT depot, Scotia Road, Burslem

The Potteries Motor Traction company's Burslem depot was on Scotia Road. Originally it was Brown's Motor Co garage and was taken over by PMT in 1951. Enlarged in 1961, it took over from Goldenhill as ...

North Road, Burslem

The view north west along North Road from the junction with Sandbach Road. The railway bridge carried the Potteries Loop Line: Cobridge Station was to then left. In the distance are the potworks in Burslem ...

Johnson Matthey's Ceramic Laboratory, Nile Street, Burslem.

Johnson Matthey's ceramic research laboratory was at the top of Nile Street in Burslem. Off to the left is Mayer Bank and to the right of Johnson Matthey's was Holy Trinity Church (demolished in 1959). ...

Newcastle Street, Dalehall, Burslem

The "rag and bone" man with his pony & cart passing the Great Eastern public house on the corner of Newcastle Street and Orme Street in Dalehall. The cart is heading towards the Staff of Life public ...

Ford's Pottery, Newcastle Street, Burslem

Looking southwest along the upper end of Newcastle Street, just outside Burslem. The buildings on the right were part of Ford's Pottery, which extended up from Blake Street. Ford's were an earthenware, ...

St John's Square, Burslem

Looking from St John's Square towards Market Place and the old Town Hall in Burslem. The photograph was taken from outside the Duke William public house. The square was built up from the 1800s and appears ...

Burslem School of Art, Queen Street, Burslem

Burslem School of Art in Queen Street. The grade II listed building was built between 1900 and 1924 on the site of an old pottery manufactory. Directly opposite is the Wedgwood Institute. Queen Street ...

Bottle oven and workshops, Packhorse Lane, Burslem.

Packhorse Lane was the original road from Fountain Place to Longport. Enoch Wood's Fountain Place pottery, opened in 1789 straddled the lane. It was closed in 1850 and has been subdivided into a variety ...

The Grange, Burslem

The camera is looking south towards Shelton iron and steel works and the headgear of Wolstanton Colliery. The photograph was taken from the bridge near the northern end of the Grange mineral railway line. The ...

Potteries landscape from Navigation Road, Burslem.

Bert Bentley was looking east over Burslem from the top of Navigation Road. Just to the right of the bottle ovens is the short tower of St John's Church (a grade II listed building). The tower is the ...

Portland House, Newcastle Street, Burslem

The grade II listed building on the corner of Furlong Parade and Newcastle Street was built in the early 1830s for the Riley family of potters who built the Hill Pottery Works on Westport Road. The bay ...

Norton cricket ground and Colliery, Stoke-on-Trent

This photograph was taken looking north east from bottom of Harold Street, Smallthorne before the housing estates were developed. They now occupy the open space in the foreground. The spoil tip belonged ...