Latest Additions To The Site

Page 50 of 56 1000 Records Found

Hill Works, Westport Road, Burslem.

The Hill Works was built in 1814 on what was then called Liverpool road (now Westport Road), the major road through to Tunstall and the port of Liverpool. This area was known as The Sytch. It was opposite ...

Hill Top Pottery. Burslem

The Hill Top Pottery (or Hill Pottery) was on Westport road (formerly Liverpool Road), Burslem, almost opposite the Hill Works of Wade Heath. Hill Top Pottery was at the top of the hill (called The Sytch) ...

Fowlea Brook, Longbridge Hayes, Stoke-on-Trent

The view south from the bridge over the Fowlea Brook just north of Longport Station. At this point the Stoke on Trent City boundary runs along the brook: to the right is Newcastle under Lyme. On the ...

Fountain Place Pottery, Westport Road, Burslem

The camera is looking down Westport road from Fountain Place in Burslem. On the left, Alcock's cycle and television shop used to be the corner frontage to Enoch Wood's Fountain Place pottery works. To ...

Beeston Tor, Manifold Valley

A view of the Manifold Valley, looking towards the limestone cliffs of Beeston Tor. The building on the lane in the middle distance is Beeston Tor Farm. This area is now part of the Peak District National ...

Beeston Tor Farm, Manifold Valley

Beeston Tor Farm in the Manifold Valley, near to the confluence of the Rivers Hamps and Manifold. Photographer: William Blake of Longton.

Westport Lake, Stoke-on-Trent

The camera is looking northwest over Westport Lake towards Bradwell Woods. The main railway line runs along the shoreline in front of the industrial buildings on Chemical Lane. There is more housing ...

Washington Pottery Works, Waterloo Road, Burslem

Looking along Waterloo Road towards Burslem with the old Washington Pottery with the clock tower on the left. The pottery site and the buildings to the right have all been demolished, although the white ...

Warwick Savage Printers and Photographers, Burslem

The large building is on the corner of Jenkins Street and Wedgwood Street in Burslem. Queen's Hall is just to the right and to the left leads to Scotia Road. Mr Warwick Savage was a wholesale stationer, ...

The Swan Hotel, Burslem

The Swan Hotel is on the north side of Swan Square in Burslem. Arnold Bennett called it the Duck inn in his novels of the Five Towns. Today it is a public house, called just The Swan. There was an inn ...

Queen's Hall, Burslem

The front of Queen's Hall on Wedgwood Street in Burslem. This grade II listed building has been both a Town Hall and theatre. Built in 1911 with three entrance doors, Corinthian columns, and an elaborate ...

Overhouse Works entrance, Wedgwood Street, Burslem

Looking through the gates into the yard of the Overhouse Works on the corner of Wedgwood Street and Overhouse Street in Burslem. The original Overhouse Manufactory goes back to 1787 and Thomas Wedgwood. ...

Freemason's Hall, Waterloo Road, Burslem

Ther Freemason's Hall building stands on the west side of Waterloo Road, just south of Cleveland Street. The building next door to the right was the Palladium Cinema, originally the Burslem Cinema Theatre, ...

Burslem Post Office, Wedgwood Street, Burslem

This Post Office building is on Wedgwood Street close to the junction with Market Place. This building was opened in 1937 and is now known as The Old Post Office. It has been converted for small scale ...

Bleak Hill Works, Cobridge, Stoke-on-Trent

This is a view of the side of Bleak Hill Works in Cobridge, taken from Moore Street. On the right hand edge is the spoil tip of Sneyd Colliery and the winding gear can just be seen peeping above the roofline ...

Royal Overhouse Pottery offices, Wedgwood Place, Burslem

Barratts of Staffordshire occupied the Overhouse Works from 1943. In 1992 the company joined with Royal Stafford China to become Royal Stafford. This building became the factory shop. The Overhouse ...

Woodbank Street, Burslem

This shop was on the corner of Velvet Street (to the left) and Woodbank Street in Burslem. The building dates from the middle of the 19th century when Woodbank Street was known as Hanover Street. Velvet ...

Market Place, Burslem

To the right is the eastern end of the old Town Hall in Burslem and beyond the civic gardens, the shops on Market Place. The photograph was taken from Wedgwood Street. Where the gardens are was the site ...