Theme Explorer

Page 42 of 43 770 Records Found

Victoria Pottery, Fenton

This photograph is of the old Victoria earthenware works in what was known as Lane Delph, now Fenton. This is the south side of the works, looking from China Street and Meakins Row, on a snowy, overcast ...

Victoria Street (now Lockwood Street), Baddeley Green.

Looking west along Lockwood Street (formerly Victoria Street) from close to its junction with Baddeley Green Lane. In the distance, the square tower of Norton Church is the highest point visible. At ...

Victoria Theatre, Hartshill, Stoke-on-Trent

This is the "old" Victoria Theatre on the corner of Hartshill Road and Victoria Street in Hartshill. The theatre moved to a purpose built site on Etruria Road, becoming the New Vic Theatre, in 1986. The ...

Village store and coffee house, Oakamoor

During the 1890s, this building doubled as both a village store and coffee house, serving the village of Oakamoor. It must have been quite a novelty for such a small village to have a coffee house; ...

W.Podmore & Sons, Potters' Millers, Shelton

W Podmore & Sons were a family firm of potters' millers with several mills around North Staffordshire. This is their Caledonian Mill on Caledonia Road in Shelton, just off Cemetery Road. The buildings ...

W.S. Leach, Wife & Dog at Knutton

Outdoor portrait of a man, a woman and a Staffordshire Bull Terrier taken at Knutton, Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire. Chimney stacks, railway signals and a church can be seen in the background. The ...

Washington Pottery, College Road, Shelton

Looking north along College Road (formerly Victoria Road) with the Washington Pottery in the centre. Off to the left is Shelton Farm, complete with sheep. On the extreme right hand edge is the Drill Hall, ...

Water troughs

A Colwyn Bay to Walsall express train passes over the water troughs at Whitmore in the Autumn of 1933. Many steam engines were fitting with scoops on their tenders, allowing them to replenish their ...

Waterloo Road Station, Cobridge

The entrance to Waterloo Road Station on the Potteries Loop Line. The station entrance and booking office were built along Waterloo Road above the track which was in a deep cutting below. This cutting ...

Waterside Drive, Blurton

This photograph is looking southwest along Waterside Drive from the junction with Barlaston Road. Just off to the left is The Cuckoo Inn and beyond the entrance on the left is the corner of Zetland Place. ...

Waterside Scene. Photographed by William Blake.

River or lakeside scene including a man, boats and a house. Unknown location.

Webberley's shop, Percy Street, Hanley

This imposing building on the corner of Percy Street and Tontine Street is the Free Trade Building. From 1924 it was the home to Webberley's (printers, stationers and booksellers). Previous occupants ...

Wedgwood factory, Etruria, Stoke-on-Trent

This photograph of Wedgwood's original factory next to the Trent and Mersey canal in Etruria, Stoke-on-Trent was taken in 1929. The factory was a site of real innovation and invention but was disused ...

Wedgwood's Etruria Factory, Stoke-on-Trent

Josiah Wedgwood's Etruria Works opened in 1769. Importantly, the factory was built on land that Wedgwood knew lay on the route of the proposed Trent & Mersey Canal which was opened in 1777. The factory ...

Wenger's Colour Works, Etruria, Stoke-on-Trent

Wenger's Ceramic Colour and Chemical works offices seen from outside the entrance to Etruria Station. The old Etruria Road runs across the bottom of the photograph with the railway bridge in the centre. ...

Wetton Bridge. Photographed by William Blake.

Landscape with a view of Wetton Bridge, Manifold valley, Staffordshire. This area is now part of the Peak District National Park.

Wetton Bridge. Photographed by William Blake.

Landscape with a view of Wetton Bridge, Manifold valley, Staffordshire. This area is now part of the Peak District National Park.

Wetton Bridge. Photographed by William Blake.

Stereoscope slide with a view of Wetton Bridge, Manifold valley, Staffordshire. This area is now part of the Peak District National Park.