Latest Additions To The Site

Page 4 of 56 1000 Records Found

Victoria Pottery, King Street, Fenton

This is a photograph of the interior courtyard at the Victoria Pottery just off King Street in Fenton. The works dates back to the early 1800s and had a number of operators before becoming the Victoria ...

Turner Memorial School, Fenpark Road, Fenton

This Turner memorial Church of England Infants, School opened in 1865. The photograph shows the new buildings of 1896. Taking young children under 10 years old only, the school was supported by the Allen ...

Dennis (Fenton) Pottery, King Street, Fenton

Dennis (Fenton) Pottery operated the Alexandra works on King Street, near Duke Street, until it was sold in 1965 and subsequently demolished.

The Old Vicarage, Glebedale Road, Fenton

The old vicarage in Fenton was at the southern end of Glebedale Road. At the time of the photograph it had become Thorley's Pottery.

Queen Street Schools, Fenton

Queen Street is today Burnham Street. These buildings were at the top of the street, at the junction with Brocksford Street. The photograph is looking east along Brocksford Street with the rear of the ...

Queen Street Schools, Fenton.

Today Queen Street is called Burnham Street and runs northwards off King Street in Fenton. The school was at the top of the street at the junction with Brocksford Street. The buildings have been demolished ...

Fenton Vicarage, Glebedale Rood, Fenton

This was the old vicarage, Glebedale, at the junction of Glebedale Road and Christchurch Street in Fenton. Immediately behind is the edge of the spoil tip of Glebe (Fenton) Collieries and Brickworks. ...

Red Lion public house, Church Street, Stoke upon Trent

The Red Lion stood on Church Street, in the south-eastern corner of St Peter’s churchyard in Stoke opposite the Tramway depot (later Potteries Motor Traction bus depot). It was linked with Showell's brewery ...

The view from Grove Road, Fenton

The camera is looking north east from the western end of Grove Road. In the foreground is the old recreation ground in Mount Pleasant and beyond, hidden in the dip, Smith's Pool. To the right hand side ...

Ormonde Street, Fenton

Ormonde Street (formerley Handley Street) off Duke Street in Fenton. In the background is the pit head gear of Fenton (Glebe) Colliery and to the left, its spoil tip. The building on the right hand side ...

King Street, Fenton

This photograph was taken looking along King Street towards Longton from the corner with Bishop Street (to the right). This part of King Street was also known as Star Bank. Opposite on the left hand side ...

Heron Cross Secondary School, Fenton

Heron Cross County Secondary School stood on Grove Road at the corner of Claud Street. the school dates from 1932 and the amalgamation of junior and secondary schools. Today the buildings are part of ...

Heron Cross Pottery. Fenton

This is the side of Heron Cross Pottery viewed from across the Stoke to Derby railway line. the photograph was taken from the lower slopes of the Fenton (Glebe) Colliery spoil tip. Chilton Street runs ...

Heron Cross Pottery and Hertford Street, Fenton

The Heron Cross Pottery is at then bottom of Hertford Street, off Duke Street in Heron Cross. Chilton Street runs across at the bottom. The photograph was taken from halfway down Hertford Street. Heron ...

Hardinge Street, Fenton

Looking along Hardinge Street from Standard Street. The view today is much changed with the terraced houses, all built before 1880, replaced with semi-detached housing. The Albion Inn has been demolished. ...

Heron Cross Infant's School, Fenton

This school was on Claud Street, just off Grove Road in Heron Cross. The building dates from 1911/12 and was formerly a Wesleyan Methodist School. The lamp standard in the foreground still has the old ...

Grove Road, Fenton

This photograph was taken looking eastwards along Grove Road from the old entrance to Kemball/Stafford Colliery. On the right are the offices of the Midlands Electricity Board and beyond, Heron Cross ...

Grove Road, Fenton

The view west along Grove Road from the entrance to the old Kemball/Stafford Colliery. This is now light industry and commerce. The A50 now runs just off the left of the photograph. The black and white ...