Theme Explorer

Page 4 of 35 619 Records Found

Book Illustration entitled "View of The Potteries." Photographed by William Blake c. 1900-1940

Photograph of a book illustration entitled "View of the Potteries." This image is used elsewhere in the collection for a presentation by Blake entitled “Staffordshire Pottery.” A small folder containing ...

Boote's Ceramic Tiles Ltd, High Street, Tunstall

T & R Boote's ceramic tile works was on High Street to the north of Tunstall town centre. In the distance is the bell tower and spire of Christ Church. The spire has since been removed. The company ...

Boote's Tile Works, Waterloo Road, Burslem

Looking along Waterloo Road up towards Swan Square in Burslem. The large building on the right, on the corner of Zion Street (previously Regent Street), was the Waterloo Pottery operated by T & R Boote, ...

Boston Pottery works on Sandyford High Street, Tunstall

Originally owned by the earthenware manufacturers, Knapper & Blackhurst, the Boston Pottery was occupied by Weetman Figures Ltd when the photograph was taken. Later the site was taken over by Old Boston ...

Bottle oven and workshops, Packhorse Lane, Burslem.

Packhorse Lane was the original road from Fountain Place to Longport. Enoch Wood's Fountain Place pottery, opened in 1789 straddled the lane. It was closed in 1850 and has been subdivided into a variety ...

Bottle oven at J Steventon's Royal Pottery, Burslem

The outside of a biscuit bottle oven at the Royal Pottery, off Steventon Place, in Burslem. The entrance (or wicket) to the oven is through the corrugated iron roofed porch. Behind the oven are the workshops ...

Bottle Oven, Caroline Pottery.

Pottery factory exterior including a bottle oven. Taken at the Caroline Works, Caroline Street, Longton, Stoke-on-Trent. The bottle oven was demolished in 1983. All bottle ovens in the city ...

Bottle Oven, Gladstone China.

Pottery factory courtyard and bottle oven. This view was taken at the Gladstone China, Uttoxeter Road, Longton, Stoke-on-Trent, before undergoing restoration and opening as a working pottery museum. Taken ...

Bottle Oven.

Pottery factory exterior including a bottle oven. Taken at Longton, Stoke-on-Trent. Taken from the Gladstone Pottery Museum Photographic Collection. This photograph is part of the collections ...

Bottle Ovens - Earnshaw's.

Pottery factory exterior including bottle ovens. Thick black smoke from bottle ovens was a common sight in Stoke-on-Trent as the pot banks fired their ware. Taken at Earnshaw's pot bank, Stoke-on-Trent. Taken ...

Bottle ovens from Adkins Street, Burslem

The photograph was taken from the rear of Adkins Street and shows the ovens of the Britannia Pottery of A G Richardson. The square building on the left hand edge, with the square chimney in the centre ...

Bottle Ovens, Alma Works.

Pottery factory exterior including bottle ovens. A man can be seen repairing one of the ovens. Taken at the Alma Works, Uttoxeter Road, Longton, Stoke-on-Trent. Taken from the Gladstone Pottery ...

Bottle Ovens, Dalehall Works.

Pottery factory exterior with a view of the bottle ovens at the Dalehall Works, Nr. Burslem, Stoke-on-Trent. Taken from the Gladstone Pottery Museum Photographic Collection. This photograph is part ...

Bottle ovens, Longton

A general view east from Commerce Street in Longton with St James' Church tower visible between the bottle ovens. The ovens are probably from four large works in Longton: Coronation earthenware works ...

Bottle ovens, Longton

A group of bottle ovens near John Street and Mount Pleasant. Photograph taken from under archway between 60 and 62 Meir Hay Road.

Boundary Works, Longton

The Boundary Works, on King Street, Longton, near Foley, built in 1819 by Josiah Spode for ceramics manufacture.

Boundary Works, Longton

The Boundary Works, on King Street, Longton, near Foley, built in 1819 by Josiah Spode.

Brewery Street, Hanley

Looking along Brewery Street towards the junction with Bryan Street. Beyond is the site of the old Port Vale football ground, a car park by the time this photograph was taken. The building on the right ...