Theme Explorer

Page 4 of 9 153 Records Found

Hanley High School and the Causley Brook, Hanley

In the foreground is the valley of the Causley Brook with the relocated Hanley High School buildings in the background. Opened in 1952 the school was on Corneville Road. The buildings have been demolished. This ...

Hanley High School, Bucknall

A photograph of the south side of Hanley high School on Corneville Road in Bucknall. Originally a coeducational school in the centre of Hanley, a new boys grammar school was built Bucknall in 1952. This ...

Harpfields Infants School, Stoke-on-Trent

The photograph shows the front of Harpfields Infants School on Hartshill Road. The building stood on the corner of Hartshill Road and Palmers Green. Harpfields County Infants School opened in 1872. It ...

Hartshill Church of England School, Vicarage Road, Stoke-on-Trent

This plan is of Hartshill Church of England School in Vicerage Road. Diagrams (from top): - Front of the school - Section through the building This diagram was created in 1982 during the Stoke-on-Trent ...

Hem Heath Junior Schools, Blurton

Hem Heath Junior and Infants' Schools were opened in 1958/59 at the northern end of Magdalen Road in Blurton. The site is now the Kemball School. In the background are the tops of the two winding towers ...

Heron Cross Infant's School, Fenton

This school was on Claud Street, just off Grove Road in Heron Cross. The building dates from 1911/12 and was formerly a Wesleyan Methodist School. The lamp standard in the foreground still has the old ...

Heron Cross Secondary School, Fenton

Heron Cross County Secondary School stood on Grove Road at the corner of Claud Street. the school dates from 1932 and the amalgamation of junior and secondary schools. Today the buildings are part of ...

Highgate School, Tunstall

Highgate Secondary Modern school stood on the corner of Lambert Street and High Street, Tunstall. The building was originally Highgate junior and infants school until reorganisation in 1929, although ...

Hill Top Primary School. Westport Road / Greenhead Street, Burslem

This school complex consists of four buildings. There is a date plaque in one of the gables which reads: 'Erected 1879'. There are three cellar entrances to the school. These were used for fuel such as ...

Hill Top Sunday School, Westport Road, Burslem

The construction of the this chapel was a result of a dispute between the Sunday School teachers and trustees of the Wesleyan Chapel in Burslem. The dispute concerned a writing ban on the Sabbath day ...

Hillside Primary School, Baddeley Green, Stoke-on-Trent

A photograph of Hillside Primary School, looking south east, taken from Field Avenue in Baddeley Green. The school sits beneath the higher ground of Baddeley Edge.

Holden Lane High School, Sneyd Green, Stoke-on-Trent

A view of Holden Lane High School looking north from Milton Road. Berwick Road runs across the middle of the photograph and Milton Road continues on past the school. Originally a mixed secondary school ...

Hollywall County Primary School, Sandyford, Stoke-on-Trent

Hollywall Junior and Infants School is in Burnaby Road in Sandyford and the original buildings date from 1939. This is a view of the south side with climbing frame, kitchen and hall/dining room. These ...

Knowl Street, Stoke upon Trent

This is a view north along Knowl Street from close to its junction with Shelton Old Road. The buildings on the left are associated with Our Lady of Lourdes and St Thomas Aquinas Roman Catholic Boys' School ...

Leigh Memorial Methodist Chapel, Leek Road, Milton, Stoke-on-Trent

The chapel was built in memory of Revd. Samuel Leigh, the first Methodist missionary to Australia, In 1865. Now rebuilt, the chapel stood on Leek Road, close to Samuel Leigh's birthplace in Milton. The ...

Longton C.E. School

Longton Church of England School was built in 1836 on School Lane (later Webberley Lane).

Longton C.E. School

Photograph shows war time shelters and static water tank. Longton Church of England School was built in 1836 on School Lane (later Webberley Lane).

Longton C.E. School from New Church Row

Longton Church of England School was built in 1836 on School Lane (later Webberley Lane).