Theme Explorer

Start Again > Education > Educational Buildings & Grounds

Refine By Selecting a Sub Theme

Colleges(30)Schools(153)Universities(5)
Page 4 of 11 192 Records Found

Fenton School of Art

Fenton School of Art was set up in 1889 by William Meath Baker in the old Fenton Athenaeum, which had been opened in 1853 and stood on the corner of Church Street (now Christchurch Street) and High Street ...

Fenton School of Art

A Saturday afternoon nature painting class. Fenton School of Art was set up in 1889 by William Meath Baker in the old Fenton Athenaeum, which had been opened in 1853 and stood on the corner of Church ...

Fenton School of Art

Fenton School of Art was set up in 1889 by William Meath Baker in the old Fenton Athenaeum, which had been opened in 1853 and stood on the corner of Church Street (now Christchurch Street) and High Street ...

Fenton School of Art

Plaster figures in a classroom. Fenton School of Art was set up in 1889 by William Meath Baker in the old Fenton Athenaeum, which had been opened in 1853 and stood on the corner of Church Street (now ...

Fenton School of Art

Plaster figures in a classroom. Fenton School of Art was set up in 1889 by William Meath Baker in the old Fenton Athenaeum, which had been opened in 1853 and stood on the corner of Church Street (now ...

Fenton School of Art

Fenton School of Art was set up in 1889 by William Meath Baker in the old Fenton Athenaeum, which had been opened in 1853 and stood on the corner of Church Street (now Christchurch Street) and High Street ...

Figure - 'The Turk'

Clarice Cliff 1899-1972. Seated figure entitled 'The Turk.' Made by Clarice Cliff for A.J. Wilkinson's whilst at Burslem School of Art.

Figure group

Moira Forsyth 1905 - 1991. Figure. 1991.P.78 1930-1939. Under glaze painted earthenware. H : 80 mm, L : 100 mm. Earthenware figure group depicting two people (possibly Adam and Eve), sitting ...

Flash Lane Nursery School, Trent Vale, Stoke-on-Trent

The nursery school in Flash Lane was built in the late 1940s or early 1950s, with babies' bibs drying on the wooden clothes horses. This is the main entrance off Flash Lane. It is one of a number of pre ...

Forster Street, Tunstall

The camera is looking south east along Forster Street towards Tower Square and the photograph was taken from the Roundwell Street corner. The large building on the right is Forster Street School. The ...

Fulford Schools. Photographed by William Blake.

Village scene with a view of the schools at Fulford, Nr. Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire.

Greasley Road, Abbey Hulton

The present Abbey Hill School under construction in 1964. Built originally as a Special School it is now part of the Special Schools Co-operative Trust. The school occupies a site at the south eastern ...

Greenway Hall Road, Stockton Brook, Stoke-on-Trent

Looking north west from Greenway Hall Road over Norton Green towards the waste tip at Chatterley Whitfield. In the bottom right hand corner are the buildings of Greenways Primary School and in the left ...

Grenville Pottery, Tunstall

Grenville Pottery was between Watergate Street and George Street in Tunstall in, roughly, the area now occupied by St Mary's Church of England Primary School. The photograph was taken looking northwards ...

Grove Secondary School, Northwood, Hanley

Grove Secondary School is on Keelings Road between Turner Street (in the photograph) and Myatt Street (to the left, out of shot). The school arose out of the reorganisation of city schools in 1932, using ...

Hamilton Infants School, Birches Head, Hanley

Hamilton Infants School, founded in 1913, is on Barthomley Road (formerly Hamilton Road) in Birches Head. The buildings in the foreground have been demolished and a new school built. In the background ...

Hanford & Trentham Primary School, Hanford

The classroom buildings on the south east side of the former Hanford and Trentham Primary School, later the Priory Church of England Primary School. The photograph was taken from the end of Jubilee Road....

Hanford School, Church Lane, Hanford.

This building was originally a church but is currently used as a Youth and Adult Centre and library. It was constructed between 1832 and 1878. This photograph shows the front view of the school.