Theme Explorer

Page 4 of 5 80 Records Found

Sandon Road, Meir

Street scene taken at Sandon Road, Meir, Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire looking south from the junction with Queensmead Road. The Saracen's Head can be seen in the distance. On the left is Sandon Road ...

Sandon Road, Meir

Street scene taken at Sandon Road, Meir, Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire. On the left, on the corner of Sandon Road and Gravelly Bank, is the Burslem Co-operative Society grocery shop and butchers. Photographed ...

Sneyd Colliery from Nile Street, Burslem

The camera is looking east from the top of Adelaide Street at the junction with Nile Street towards Sneyd Colliery and Brickworks. The colliery eventually had four shafts mining house and steam coal and ...

Springfields Hotel, Trent Vale, Stoke-on-Trent

The Springfields Hotel stands on the corner of Newcastle Road (A34) and Clayton Lane. The grade II listed building was later renamed The Orange Tree around 2009. The red brick building was originally ...

St. Gregory's, Longton. Photographed by William Blake.

Church exterior taken at St. Gregory's, Longton, Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire.

Stafford Street, Longton. Photographed by William Blake.

Street scene taken at Stafford Street, Longton, Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire. Stafford Street is now known as The Strand. This is one of many street scenes in the Blake Collection. Most of them ...

Station Road, Stoke-on-Trent

A rainy day in Stoke in 1928. A tradesman's van is turning left from Glebe Street into Station Road and heading for Winton Square. The building on the right is in the Jacobean style and was designed by ...

Stonecotes, Chell Heath Road, Stoke-on-Trent

Stonecotes, a 1960s housing development alongside Chell Heath Road. Chell Heath Road is to the left. The camera is facing south, looking towards Bradeley and Smallthorne. The two cars in the foreground ...

Sutherland Institute, Longton. Photographed by William Blake.

A view of the Sutherland Institute on Lightwood road, Longton, Stoke-on-Tremt, Staffordshire. At this time the road would have been known as Stone Road. The building was opened in 1899 on land given ...

The Boar, Moddershall. Photographed by William Blake.

Landscape with a view of The Boar, Moddershall, Nr. Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire.

The coachyard, sculpture gallery and clocktower, Trentham Hall

The back of the Trentham Hall. The sculpture gallery is on the right with the estate clock tower in the centre. In the foreground is part of the original hall courtyard and riding school. This was the ...

The Green, Norton Green.

This photograph was taken from Ball Lane, looking east across The Green. The houses on the other side of the green are also on Ball Lane. Running across the centre of the photograph, but hidden in a dip, ...

The Greyhound Inn, Manor Court Street, Penkhull.

The Greyhound Inn and neighbouring terraced houses on Manor Court Street (formerly known as Church Street) in Penkhull. Off to the right is St Thomas' Church and Penkhull Green. The Greyhound Inn site ...

The manor House, Ipstones. Photographed by William Blake.

Exterior view of the Manor House at Ipstones, Nr. Leek, Stafforshire. This view includes a motor car from the period.

The Potteries Die Company, Knypersley Road, Norton-in-the-Moors

The Potteries Die Co. premises on Knypersley Road, Norton. The company started in 1936 making precision moulds and press-tool equipment for the ceramics industry and today is a tool maker for a wide range ...

The Strand, Longton

The view along the Strand towards the railway bridge and Times Square, with the Crown Hotel building behind, taken from close to the corner of Heathcote Road. On the left hand edge is the entrance to ...

Trentham Garage & Service Station, Trentham Road

Near to Trentham Golf Club.

Trentham Hotel and Roebuck Statue. Photographed by William Blake.

View of the Trentham Hotel and Roebuck statue at Trentham, Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire. The statue was given by the second Duke of Sutherland in 1865.