Theme Explorer

Page 4 of 13 218 Records Found

Huntsman, 13 Westport Road, Burslem

The Huntsman public house stands on Westport Road in Burslem, formerly known as Liverpool Road until 1878, and previously to that called Hill Street. The datestone shows that this building was constructed ...

James Street, Boothen, Stoke-on-Trent

This view along James Street is from the junction with London Road. The Street had a number of large detached and semi detached houses on the left hand side by 1900, mostly obscured by the trees. The ...

Jolly Carter, 197 Newcastle Street, Burslem

The Jolly Carter public house at 197 Newcastle Street is part of the same structure as numbers 193 and 195. It has two storeys, two rooms wide by two rooms deep plus two modern rear projections. There ...

Jolly Potters Public House, Hartshill Road, Hartshill

This is a plan of the Jolly Potters pub in Hartshill, Stoke. the plans show the pub as it was in 1910. The Jolly Potters is still trading in Hartshill today. Diagrams (clockwise from top left): - Front ...

Kings Arms public house, Meir

Photograph taken after the pub had been rebuilt in the 1940s. The Kings Arms was demolished in 2009.

Kings Head, Ford Green Road, Burslem

This two storey rectangular building occupies the corner of Livingstone Street. It is constructed in red flemish brickwork with a tiled hipped roof and has square chimney pots. The corner entrance has ...

Knypersley Road, Norton-in-the-Moors

The Norton Arms public house stands on the corner of Endon Road and Knypersley Road. Ford Green Road is coming in from the left and the cameraman was standing at the end of Norton Lane. The houses and ...

Ladywell Road, Tunstall

At the time of the photograph, this was the eastern end of Sneyd Street, which was renamed Ladywell Road in the 1950s. The photograph was taken looking north west near the corner of Wesley Street. On ...

Ladywell Road, Tunstall

In the centre of the photograph are buildings numbered 20 to 26 Ladywell Road (originally Sneyd Street) awaiting demolition in the 1960s. This is the southern end of Ladywell Road, close to the junction ...

Leigh. Photographed by William Blake.

Village scene taken at Lower Leigh, Staffordshire. The scene includes a public house called the Railway Inn, a motor car, a workshop and worker.

Lightwood Road, Longton

Junction of Lightwood Road with The Strand and Trentham Road. Shows the Robin Hood public house.

Lightwood Road, Longton

Showing the Rose & Crown and Robin Hood public houses. Note the signs for Joules of Stone on the Robin Hood. Neither pub survives today.

Lightwood Road, Longton.

The prosperous town of Longton is expanding outwards in this scene. Lightwood Road was one of the new suburbs being built in the early part of the twentieth century. In the centre of the picture is ...

Liverpool Arms Hotel and Bowbell Pottery, Burslem

The Bowbell Pottery (at number 70) occupied the building that once was The Liverpool Arms Hotel on Westport Road in Burslem. Westport Road was originally named Liverpool Road as it was the route from ...

Lloyd's Tavern, 32 Market Place, Burslem

This three storey public house was constucted before 1832. It is three rooms wide by two rooms deep. The ground floor is had modern tiling with the door and windows also having tiled lintels and sills. ...

Lockett's Lane, Longton.

Lockett's Lane runs between Uttoxter Road and Normacot Road at the east end of Longton. This photograph was taken looking southwards from teh corner of Uttoxeter Road. The bottle oven on the right stood ...

London Road, Boothen, Stoke-on-Trent

A view south west along London Road towards Oakhill from near All Saints Road. The West End public house later became a community centre. Off to the left are Coronation Gardens, occupying the old bed ...

Longton Road, Rough Close. Photographed by William Blake.

Street scene taken at Longton Road, Rough Close, Nr. Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire. The Swynnerton Arms public house and a horse and cart can be seen in the distance.