Theme Explorer

Page 4 of 21 372 Records Found

Checkley. Photographed by William Blake.

Landscape including a view of St. Mary & All Saints Church, Church Lane, Checkley, Staffordshire.

Christ Church, Normacot

The United Methodist Church, also known as Christ Church, stood in Meir Road, was built in 1910 and was demolished in 2005.

Church Interior

This photograph shows the interior of a church. Unfortunately the identity of the church is unknown to us. If you have any information please contact us through our feedback form.

Church Interior. Photographed by William Blake.

Church interior. Unknown location.

Church Interior. Unknown Location. Photographed by William Blake.

Church interior with a view of a font. Unknown Location.

Church Lane, Hanford

The view east along Church Lane from the bend just before St Matthias' Church (on the left). Behind the bushes on the left is the churchyard. The cluster of houses on the right remain much the same. Standing ...

Church of Christ, Macclesfield Street, Burslem Park Estate, Burslem

This two storey building is two rooms wide by three rooms deep. The ground floor features include a double door with a stone architrave and the date '1910' set in a semi-circular stone datestone above ...

Church of St Matthias, Hanford

The east and south sides of the Anglican Church, St Matthias from Church Lane, Hanford. The present brick built church, a grade II listed building, was built and rebuilt between 1862 and 1868. A small ...

Church of St Paul, Edensor, Longton

Photograph of the old church on Edensor Road taken from near the vicarage. The church was opened in 1854, but was replaced by a new church on Longton Road in 1940.

Church of the Holy Evangelists, Normacot

Photograph taken on Easter Monday, 1917, after a snowfall. The Holy Evangelists Church was built on the south side of Upper Belgrave Road as a chapel of ease for Blurton Church in 1847. It was designed ...

Church of the Holy Evangelists, Normacot

Photograph taken at Harvest time. The Holy Evangelists Church was built on the south side of Upper Belgrave Road as a chapel of ease for Blurton Church in 1847.

Church of the Holy Evangelists, Normacot

The Holy Evangelists Church was built on the south side of Upper Belgrave Road as a chapel of ease for Blurton Church in 1847. It was designed by George Gilbert Scott and paid for by the Duke of Sutherland. ...

Church of the Holy Trinity, Hartshill Road, Hartshill

This plan is of the Church of the Holy Trinity in Hartshill Road, Stoke. It was dedicated in 1842 and is another example of gothic architecture (like St.Peter's Church in Stoke). The building is now Grade ...

Church of the Resurrection, Dresden, Longton

The Church of the Resurrection was built on land given by the Duke of Sutherland in 1853, to designs by George Gilbert Scott. It stands on red Bank in Dresden, Longton, Stoke-on-Trent. It was extended ...

Cobden Street, Dresden, Longton. Photographed by William Blake.

This photograph shows the newly built Cobden Street in Dresden when the town of Longton was still prospering and expanding its suburbs. Beyond the trees at the top of the street and out of view is Florence ...

Cobridge Providence Chapel, Stoke-on-Trent

The Providence Chapel was part of the Methodist New Connexion and the chapel stood on the corner of Elder Road and Grange Street. Originally built in 1822, the chapel was rebuilt twice in 1884 and 1940 ...

Congregational Chapel, Caroline Street, Longton

The photograph shows the date tablet for the Independent Chapel, built in 1819. The tablet is on the side of the chapel in Middle Cross Street. Today it is part of the Longton Community Church. This ...

Congregational Chapel, Millrise Road, Milton, Stoke-on-Trent

View west along Millrise Road (originally Market Street) from Leek Road/Baddeley Green Road (A5009) corner. The large building on the left was Millrise Congregational Chapel, later used as a Free Gospel ...