Latest Additions To The Site

Page 37 of 56 1000 Records Found

City Road and Christchurch Street junction, Fenton

This photograph was taken from Manor Road looking towards Christchurch Street. Opposite the District Bank building is the Royal Oak Inn. On this side on the corner of Manor Street was Fenton Working Man's ...

Christchurch Street, Fenton

This photograph was taken opposite Christ Church Fenton, looking north. Until the 1950s renaming of streets, this was Church Street. Nelson street is coming in on the left. With rebuilding, Nelson Street ...

Bassilow House, Fenton

Bassilow House (or farm) stood on Bassilow Road which ran north between Fenton Park and Fenton Cemetery. The cemetery is off to the right behind the house. At one time it belonged to Berry Hill Colliery ...

The District Bank building, Trentham Road, Trentham

The District Bank building stood at the junction of Barlaston Old Road and Trentham Road. The Italianate style building later became a branch of Nat West Bank. Behind to the right is Trentham Methodist ...

Paladin Works, Fenton

The Paladin Works stood alongside the Stoke to Derby railway just outside Fenton Station, off Christchurch Street. The buildings in the photograph still stand today used by several small enterprises. ...

Oldfield's fireclay pit and brickworks, Fenton

Oldfield's fireclay pit and brickworks was off Duke Street in Fenton. Originally the brickworks and associated colliery was operated by Balfour & Coin from the 1880s. The colliery closed in the 1890s ...

Oldfield's brickworks, Fenton

Oldfield's fireclay pit off Duke Street in Fenton. The Bassey Mine Ironstone and Peacock Coal seams outcrop in the pit. These rocks are part of the Coal Measures of the North Staffordshire Coalfield. ...

Oldfield's Brickworks, Fenton

The brick kilns and their chimneys at Oldfield's brickworks off Duke Street in Fenton. In the foreground is the fireclay pit. The camera is looking eastwards towards Longton with the houses in Holly Bush ...

Longton Cricket Ground

Longton Cricket Club ground seen from the Ripon Road side. Immediately behind the pavilion buildings is Trentham Road. This ground has hosted Minor Counties matches since 1954 and has been a major venue ...

Hem Heath Junior Schools, Blurton

Hem Heath Junior and Infants' Schools were opened in 1958/59 at the northern end of Magdalen Road in Blurton. The site is now the Kemball School. In the background are the tops of the two winding towers ...

Hamil Bakery, Newstead Industrial estate, Hem Meath

The Hamil Bakery was on the Newstead Industrial estate alongside the A5035, Trentham Road. The lorry on the left bears the name "Spliiers" a major flour supplier and owner of United Bakeries which produced ...

Gimson's stilt and spur manufacturers, Fenton

J Gimson's factory close to Victoria Square in Fenton. Gimson's were stilt and spur manufacturers for the ceramics industry and had been operating In various places in Fenton since the mid 19th Century., ...

Fenton Park and Cemetery

Fenton Park is to the left and Fenton Cemetery to the right in this photograph taken from the northern end of Vivian Road. Beville Street (formerly Cemetery Road) runs off to the left. Bassilow Road runs ...

Alfred Street, Fenton

Looking along Alfred Street from the eastern end close to where it meets Morville Close. At the far end is the Queen Victoria public house on Victoria Road. Morville Close used to be Dimmock Street, ...

Tiverton Road, Berry Hill estate, Stoke-on-Trent

This photograph was taken looking south from the corner of Tring Close and Tiverton Road. Built from the 1950s, the estate was at one time one of then largest estates in Europe with over 4,500 houses.

The Thurston Inn, Bentilee, Stoke-on-Trent

The Thurston Inn stood on the corner of Thurston Way and Tiverton Road in Bentilee. The public house has been demolished and replaced with housing.

Sutherland Infants' and Junior School, Beaconsfield Drive, Blurton

The Sutherland primary schools were opened in 1954 on Beaconsfield Drive in Blurton. This is now Sutherland Primary academy on the same site with many of the original building. In the photograph, the ...

Slater's Fireclay Pit, Berry Hill, Stoke-on-Trent

The fireclay pit or marl hole was part of Berry Hill brickworks (also known as Slater's fireclay pit) and linked to the nearby Berry Hill collieries. John Slater purchased the colliery in 1914 and the ...