Beardmore's old pottery, City Road, Fenton
This photograph was taken looking westwards from close to the corner of Fountain Street and City Road. On the left is Frank Beardmore's old Sutherland Pottery, dating from 1901, although the works had ...
The gates to Fenton Manor
These are the gates at the entrance lodge to the old Fenton Manor House. They stood at the end of the drive which lead from City Road and stood roughly where the present road to Fenton Manor Sports Centre ...
Fenton Library
Some of the book stacks inside Fenton Library which was on Baker Street, at the corner of Glebedale Road. Financed with £5,000 from the Andrew Carnegie Trust, the library opened in 1906 with over 2,000 ...
Fenton Library
Bert Bentley entitled this as "A satisfied client". Inside Fenton Public Library on Baker Street, at the corner of Glebedale Road. The building dates from 1906 and was one of the libraries built with ...
Fenton Library
In the entrance hall alcove was this wall painting: "Read that you may learn". The library was one of over 600 free public libraries built in the UK with money from the Andrew Carnegie Trust. Andrew Carnegie ...
City Road, Fenton
This was the view from the corner of City road and Glebedale Road (previously Station Road) towards the junction at Victoria Square in Fenton in the 1960s. On the right is the entrance to Fenton Vicarage, ...
City Road, Fenton
Looking east along City Road from the corner of Manor Street. Christchurch Street is coming in on the right. The building on the right hand edge is the old Royal Oak public house, now demolished. In ...
City Road, Fenton
This photograph was taken from the City Road bridge over the Biddulph and Leek branch railway line. To the is left the marshalling yard and shed at Stoke Junction. The railings on the right mark the edge ...
City Road, Fenton
This photograph was taken from the corner of Standard Street and City Road, looking westwards towards Stoke. On the extreme right hand edge is the Newtown public house (then Newtown House). On the left ...
City Road from Manor Street, Fenton
The camera is looking westwards along City Road from Manor Street. The white building in the centre of the photograph is the Terrace Inn. On the right, the parade of shops date from around 1880 and belonged ...
Waterside Drive, Blurton
This photograph is looking southwest along Waterside Drive from the junction with Barlaston Road. Just off to the left is The Cuckoo Inn and beyond the entrance on the left is the corner of Zetland Place. ...
Toll Gate House, Trentham Road, Blurton
The old tollgate house stood at the corner of Barlaston Road and Trentham Road. Demolished with widening of the junction and Trentham Road in the mid 1960s, the name lives on in the Toll Gate hotel opposite, ...
The Royal Oak Inn, Fenton
Standing on the corner of Christchurch Street (previously Church Street) and City Road in Fenton, the original public house dates back to at least 1810. The building in the photograph was demolished and ...
The Good Shpherd Roman Catholic Church, Blurton
The Good Shepherd Church stands on the corner of Shepley Grove and Waterside Drive in Blurton. Under construction when the photograph was taken, it opened in 1964.
Stephen's Brickwoks, Fenton
Stephens Brothers works was in School Lane, an extension of Brocksford Street, in Fenton. Stephens was at one time part of the Potteries Brick Company, a marketing company for seventeen Stoke on Trent ...
St Mary's school and chapel, Plex Street, Tunstall.
This photograph was taken looking westwards along Plex Street from the corner of Roundwell Street (formerly Well Street) in Tunstall. The building on the right was originally St Mary's school-chapel, ...
Rookery Lane, Blurton
Goms Mill House stood at the top end of Rookery Lane, a cul de sac off Drubbery Lane in Blurton. Bert Bentley thought this was part of the original miller's house. Gom's Mill was a flint grinding mill ...
Ebenezer Methodist Chapel, Carron Street, Fenton
The Ebenezer Methodist Chapel stood at the eastern end of Carron Street in the Foley area of Fenton. Originally built by the United Methodist Church as a temporary wooden chapel in 1920, it was still ...