Latest Additions To The Site

Page 3 of 56 1000 Records Found

Ramsden's Colour and Glaze works, Fenton

C E Ramsden's colour and glaze works stood on the corner of Montrose Street and King Street in Fenton. The company had other works at the bottom of Duke Street. The building still stands.

C G Ramsden's works, Duke Street, Fenton

C G Ramsden manufactured colours and glazes for the ceramics industry. The works were at the southern end of Duke Street, close to the railway line. The works is on the site of Oldfield's 19th century ...

Longton Railway Station

An aerial photograph taken on the 22 September 1961 from the top of Harvey’s chimney shows a steam locomotive leaving Longton Railway Station. Longton Station opened on the Crewe-Derby line of the North ...

St Thomas Aquinas School, Knowl Street, Stoke-on-Trent

On the left is St Thomas Aquinas Roman Catholic Junior School in Knowl Street in Stoke. To the right is part of the senior school with the science block. The junior school occupied then original St Peter's ...

Stokeville, Regent Street, Stoke-on-Trent

This is the view up Regent Street from close to the junction within London Road. At the top is Munster Terrace, formerly West Street. This area of London Road was developed as part of Stokeville from ...

The Red Lion public house, Stoke-on-Trent

the Redd Lion stood onthe southeastern edge of St Peter's Churchyard in Stoke. This photograph was taken from Bowstead Street. The building was demolished in the 1970s and rebuilt at Crich Tramway Museum...

The Red Lion public house, Church Street, Stoke-on-Trent

This is the view along Church Street looking towards Stoke. The leafy area just beyond the inn is the corner of St Peter's Churchyard. In the distance are the shops on Church Street in Stoke. Bowstead ...

Empire Porcelain Company, Stoke Road, Shelton, Stoke-on-Trent

The Empire Porcelain Company's works stood on the corner of Stoke Road and Newlands Street. This photograph was taken from the corner of Queen Anne Street opposite. Beyond the corner of Elgin Street, ...

Vinebank Street, Stoke-on-Trent

This is the view northwards along Vinebank Street from the junction with London Road. Previously known as Vine Street and before that Upper Vine Row, the right hand side was originally built up in the ...

Water Street, Boothen

Looking northwards along Water Street towards the junction with Fletcher Road (to the right) and All Saints Road (to the left). Fletcher Road continues off to the left, from where the photograph was taken. ...

Dennis & Sons Pottery, Fenton

This is the rear of Dennis & Sons Pottery in Fenton. the works were sandwiched between Star Bank or Park Lane and Cross Keys Square on King Street. The company were earthenware manufacturers. Shortly ...

Shelley Pottery, King Street, Fenton

The Shelley pottery stood on the north side of King Street close to the junction with Hollings Street. Prior to 1910 the company traded as Foley China. Most of the works have been demolished although ...

Sterling Pottery, Canning Street, Fenton

Sterling Pottery was in Fenton from around 1939 until the mid 195s. The works had previously been part of Bailey Potteries. this photograph was taken at the bottom Of Canning Street, just south of King ...

A hovel at the Victoria Pottery, Fenton

The entrance to a hovel at the Victoria Pottery in Fenton. A hovel was a brick built bottle shaped building that enclosed the kiln. The hovel created a draught which removed smoke and protected the firing ...

Interior courtyard at Victoria Pottery, Fenton

The Victoria Pottery was just south of King Street. In this photograph, The circular structure on the left is thought to be the base of an oven started in 1806 by the Mason family (of Ma son's Patent ...

Victoria Pottery, King Street, Fenton

Part of the interior courtyard at Victoria Pottery which was just off King Street in Fenton. This is one of the overbridges connecting the many small workshops. All the buildings have been demolished.

Victoria & Trentham Potteries, King Street, Fenton

This was the main entrance off King Street into the Victoria & Trentham Potteries Victoria Works. Pottery had been made here since the 1800s and the works was once operated by the Mason family who developed ...

Victoria Pottery, King Street, Fenton

The Victoria Pottery dates back to the early 1800s. It had a number of operators, the Victoria Porcelain Company from1949 to 1957 before it became part of Victoria & Trentham Potteries Ltd. This photograph ...